chapter nine

day 27

My eyes flutter open as the sun beams through the glass of my bedroom's windows and I know it although it's Sunday, I really need to rise up as soon as possible because I still haven't prepare anything for the ball's night. This time I swear I couldn't do this alone, I need a major help from Jeonghan-sunbaenim since I believe he has better taste for any kind of dresses.

To : Jeonghan-sunbaenim

Sunbaenim, I swear I need your help to find me a dress right now, please respond ASAP if you're agree! Urgent.

Stumbling out of the room, I shout for Ji Eun's name instantly and she's eyeing me from head to toe hesitantly,puzzlement as I rush towards her, "Yes? Is there any problem with you Eunjae?", she questions in return.

As soon as I grip her wrists into my grasps, I squeal in excitement and nearly scream in front of Ji Eun's face, "You have to help me this time, I'm in deadlock!", I exclaim as I place my palms on her shoulders. "But can you calm down a little and tell me what on earth happened to you?", she asks apprehensively.

I take a deep breath before explaining her the truth, "Jeon Wonwoo!", I pause whilst screaming into my cupped hands as I try to catch my breath, "he's asking me to go for a ball with him next week", I add. Ji Eun's jaw drops blissfully as she lightly slaps me againstly my arms, "Damn! How lucky you are, Eunjae? Tell me your secrets of how you flirt Won-".

"Ji Eun-unnie, that isn't matter right now, what matters is I want to ask your opinions about what kind of dress do I have to wear for that night!", I whine, pretending to scratch my hair unknowingly. Ji Eun taps her thumbs and index against her chin as if she craves for an idea.

"But can you atleast show me your dresses collection? It will be easy for me to pick the one that suits with you", Ji Eun says, gesturing her hands so slightly as my facial expression turn into an unpleasant look. "But unnie, I don't have any! Why would I have a dress when I'll never wear them", I grumble.

"What? So how am I going to help you then?", Ji Eun asks, spluttering as she gives a sympathetic look at me. "Just tell me what colours or something because I'm going to get myself a dress later", I say, followed by chewing my lips hesitantly.

"You're doing a dress shopping without even asking me to join along? Just say so, I will follow you then", Ji Eun retorts, folding her arms on her chest and wiggling her eyebrows, "how's that sound?".

A smirk escapes from my mouth and I begin to speak again, "Well, I'm fine with it but I have a guy friend that will join me as well, are you okay with it?". Ji Eun nods in agreement, "It's not a big deal, what can your guy friend does other than tailing you around right?"

--

As me and Ji Eun are finally stepping into one of the popular boutiques in the town, Jeonghan's eyes crinkle at the corner as he flashes a smile at me then to Ji Eun, as their eyes meet with each other. Gesturing his hand towards my housemate, Jeonghan starts to introduce himself gently, "Hello, I'm Yoon Jeonghan, a friend of Eunjae or more likely her senior at our university".