Chapter 27- What Goes Around, Comes Around

If you can't fly, then run
If you can't run, then walk
If you can't walk, then crawl
but whatever you do,
you have to keep moving forward
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Adrianna

"Y'all wanna hear what I taught Ava?" My Uncle Jermaine asked us as he drove us to the movies. Him, the rest of my uncles and my Papa came back a few days ago but my Mom stayed with my Dad.

Today is the day my Dad finally gets to come home, and they got all of us out the house so he could get used to things before seeing us.

We were supposed to fly up and see him while everyone was up there but my Dad changed his mind and said he didn't want us to see him like that when he didn't have all of his memory back yet.

But they say he's doing a lot better.

It's hard for me to see him the way he is when I know I'm the main reason this happened to him.

My Uncle J was driving and had MJ sitting in the passenger seat, I was sitting in the middle row with Ava and Layla, and in the third row my little brother Alex was sitting next to Layla's younger brother, Chris.

"Ava, you ready?" he asked her and I watched as she nodded with a huge smile on her face. He turned the radio almost all the way up and I laughed once I heard what song it was.

"Came through drippin!"

"Drip drip!" Ava yelled laughing.

"Came through drippin!"

"Drip drip!"

"Diamonds on my wrist, they dripping!"

"Ice!"

"Oh my gosh," I laughed pulling out my phone to record and send to my Mom. Me and Layla made eye contact and we both shook our heads at them.

"I think it's safe to say that I'm the fun Uncle. Could y'all do this with Mike? Nope."

"Aye man, my Dad ain't that bad," MJ cut in with a laugh.

"Let's just say he's his own kind of person."

The next song that played throughout the car was Famous by Kanye West, and my Uncle quickly cut it off.

"Hell nah, we ain't listening to him. That nigga canceled," he said shaking his head.

"I thought you liked his music?"

"I did. But his black card had been removed due to his recent actions. If he get his shit together and get out of the sunken place, then I'll start listening to him again."

"Uncle J, what's the sunken place?" Ava asked looking confused.

"It's where you go when you date white people."

"No! That's not true. Only when you date crazy white people," I corrected him.

"How do you know if they're crazy?"

"Trust me, sweet heart. You'll know," he told her.

When we pulled up to the large movie theater, I helped Ava out of her seat and held her hand while we waited for everyone else.

"Your Papa just texted me saying they're getting your Dad in the house now," Uncle Jermaine told me as he read the message off of his phone, I nodded.

"How long until we can go back?"

"When the movie over I'll feed y'all, then we can go. Sounds good?"

"Sounds great."

We came to the movies to see Black Panther. I've been wanting to see it since it's come out, but with everything going on I just never got the chance until now.