Chapter 4- What Goes Around, Comes Around

Be strong, but not rude. Be kind, but not weak. Be humble, but not timid. Be proud, but not arrogant.

"Hey TeeTee," I greeted my Aunt as she walked in the living room with her husband behind her. She is my Dad's youngest sister, and she's also a very popular supermodel.

Her name is Daniella and she married her husband Antonio a few years ago after she graduated college. I heard my Dad didn't really approve of their relationship at first but there was nothing he could do about it.

"Hey girl, how's your new school?" she asked sitting down next to me.

"I'm in love with it," I told her, causing her to laugh at me. "What are you here for?"

"Your Dad needed to speak to Uncle A so I came with," she said referring to her husband.

"Did they go down to the basement?" I asked and she nodded. She was way too focused on the TV to notice my confused expression, or to see me get up.

I walked into my parents bedroom and found my mom putting my little sister Ava into pajamas. As soon as Ava saw me she was all smiles and giggles.

"Hi Ade!" she shouted waving her little hand at me, I smiled and waved back.

"Mom do you know what Daddy and them are doing?" I asked causing her to look up at me and shrug.

"All he said to me was that he needed to talk to them about something that came up recently," she told me as she placed Ava on the floor, making her run to me. I easily scooped her into my arms and rested her on my hip as the doorbell went off.

"Get that please? I'll be out there in a minute," my Mom told me, so I did as she asked with Ava still clinging to me.

"Who is it?" I called trying to get on my tippy toes to look through the peephole. I still wasn't tall enough.

"It's Chad," I heard a deep, muffled voice reply. I opened the door slowly and looked up to see one of my Dad's friends. Well.. one of his old friends. Something happened to make my Dad not like Chad anymore but I don't know what it is since no one ever tells me anything.

I've heard about Chad before but this was my first time actually seeing him. I heard he just moved back here a few years ago from California.

"Hey," he greeted stepping in the house and closing the door behind him. I took a step back and gave him a small smile.

"Hi!" Ava shouted waving at him. He looked down at her with a look of admiration in his eyes and smiled.

"Well hello there, beautiful. What's your name?"

"Ava!"

"Nice to meet you, Ava. And you must be.... Adrianna," he said finally looking at me. My name came off as a whisper on his lips and his eyes were wide with shock as he stared down at me.

"Yeah..."

"Last I saw you, you were the same size as your sister," he told me softly. "Wow, does time fly. You're still just as beautiful."

"Thank you..."

"Um.. Where is your Father?" he asked clearing his throat and looking away from me.

"Everyone is down in the basement. It's-"

"I remember where it is. Thank you, though," he said dismissing me and walking away. As he headed for the basement, my mom was coming down the hallway and bumped into him. When they saw each other, they both stopped in their tracks.

"Monique," he greeted staring her down. She frowned up her face and took a step back, never saying anything. Chad looked at me and Ava once more before turning the corner and going out of sight.