Chapter 9- What Goes Around, Comes Around

I got ice in my veins,
blood in my eyes.
Hate in my heart,
love in my mind.

Isaiah

I knew what would happen to me when I called Ade, yet I did it anyway. And still, I don't regret it. How in the hell was I just supposed to sit back and listen to them plot against her father while not doing shit about it?

I understand what he did to my family. He killed my Father, my Uncles, my Grandad... the list continues.

Originally I thought I was going to be able to go through with the plan before I met her. I was under the impression that she was a snobby ass rich girl living by her parents money, and that her Dad didn't give a fuck about anyone but himself, all he cared about was money and he would do anything to get to it.

But then I met her and everything fucking changed. Adrianna was innocent, and she was the farthest thing from a snobby bitch. She was sweet, smart, funny, and so damn beautiful.

Hanging around her all the time, I came to learn what type of man her Dad really was, and he was the farthest thing from what my Uncle has said. This man was not selfish, he literally worshipped the ground his wife and kids walked on. I learned he would do anything to keep a smile on their faces, and to keep them safe.

Whenever Ade would talk about her Dad, her eyes would just light up and I swear she could talk for hours about how amazing the man was and how much she loved him.

The more I hung around her the harder it got to go through with it. I think maybe after just two weeks I knew that there would be no fucking away I could take part in killing her Father when I knew how much he meant to her. I didn't want to hurt her like that.

My Dad was killed by hers, I know. But that doesn't mean we have to kill him and repeat the cycle.

That day after practice when I bumped into Ade's little sister, I was so focused on the little girl to make sure she was okay that I didn't even noticed who was standing a few feet away from me.

Adrianna straight up told me which one her Dad was, and I stared this man dead in his eye and didn't feel any hate for him even though he was mugging the hell out of me.

I knew he wasn't staring at me like that because he knew who I was, but simply because I was probably standing too close to his little girls for his liking. He was protective as hell, and I admired that.

When she went on to tell me it was her Uncles and Papa too, I thought damn, I'm literally standing in front of every man that took part in killing my family and I didn't feel the need to do anything.

If I was by myself I wouldn't of even went home and told my Uncle I saw them, but of course Aiden went and told him. And of course I got my ass whooped for choosing not to say anything.

I know Adrianna is probably sitting somewhere feeling betrayed by me, but if only she knew the amount of beatings I took for trying to protect her and her family.

Especially the night of the party, I thought that man was going to kill me. The plan was for me to convince her to go, take her upstairs, sleep with her and ask her questions about her Dad to go tell my Uncle.

But of course I didn't do that.

I did convince her to go, I did take her upstairs, but all I did was kiss her and ask her questions about her because that's who I wanted to learn more about. I wanted to know everything about her, fuck spying on her Dad.

Usually I would be able to hide my beatings because he would never touch my face in fear of someone knowing, but that night he didn't care. He hit me wherever he could get his hands at and Adrianna noticed at the ice cream shop.