Chapter 23- What Goes Around, Comes Around

And once the storm is over you won't remember how you made it though, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure, in fact, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain, when you come out of the storm you won't be the same person who walked in.

Monique

"I'm not letting you drive, so stop arguing with me cause it ain't happening," my Dad argued and I sighed.

"At this point I don't even care, just get me to the hospital."

I've been running around the house like a headless chicken trying to get everything done once they told me they had Blaze. I grabbed his clothes, basically just anything I thought he would need.

I'm not sure what to expect when I get there. All I know is that they said it's not good, and the Doctor hasn't talked to them yet.

I was trying to get there before the Doctor talked to them but my Dad was holding me back.

"We can go too, right Ma?" Alex asked me and I nodded my head.

"Of course, baby. Get your stuff and come on. Tell Adrianna to hurry up," I told him as I grabbed Ava and headed to the car. Daniella was riding with Lucia, because Antonio was already at the hospital, and all my kids were riding with me and my Dad. Trey said that he would just meet us there.

"How long will it take us to get there?" I asked once we were all in the car and strapped in.

"Hour an a half to two hours. So try to relax before we get there," he told me backing out of the garage and following the GPS's directions.

I closed my eyes and tried to calm my breathing. It was hard for me to do that when my heart was racing like crazy in my chest.

Not knowing where he was was torture, but now not knowing how he is is horrible too.

I know it's not going to be good, but I pray it isn't too bad.

We're on our way

I sent to Mr. Legend to let him know that we'd be there as soon as we could. My Dad was driving ten over the speed limit and refused to go faster because he didn't want to risk getting in an accident and one of us getting hurt.

"How much longer does the GPS say?" I asked him after a long ride of silence.

"Forty five minutes. We're almost there."

"Are we going to be able to see him?" Adrianna asked quietly from the backseat.

"I'm not sure, baby. It depends on his condition and what the doctors say. Hopefully we can."

Without thinking, I brought my hand up to my stomach and began to rub small circles on my pudge. I've still yet to make me an appointment to the Doctor to check the baby. I guess it's because Blaze has been with me to every other one, and I wanted him here for this one too. It just wouldn't feel right going without him, but I know eventually that's what I'm going to have to do.

Before I knew it, we were pulling up to the emergency entrance to the hospital, and that's when my heart started beating like crazy again.

"I'll drop y'all off to the front while I find a place to park," My dad told me as the car slowly came to a stop.

I unbuckled my seat belt and got out of the car before grabbing Ava. She fell asleep on the way here and was now resting peacefully on my shoulder as I carried her inside with Ade and Alex walking behind me.

"Mama, do you want me to get her?" Alex asked me and I smiled softly at him. He's so sweet.

"I have her," I assured him.