Chapter 10- What Goes Around, Comes Around

The past should be left in the past, otherwise it can destroy your future. Live life for what tomorrow has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away.

Monique

When I woke up my head was laying on someone's lap, and at first I just assumed it was my husbands but then I remembered that he wasn't here.

I turned my head up to see that it was Trey and he was texting on his phone. When he noticed me move he looked down at me and put his phone away.

"Do you need anything?"

"My phone," I mumbled sitting up slowly. "What time is it? Have they called?" I asked hopefully.

"Your phone is right here.. it's almost three and no, they have not called," he answered all my questions while resting his hand on my shoulder and rubbing it for comfort.

"Jermaine promised he would call," I stressed putting my head down to rest it in my hands. "Are the kids asleep?"

"I know Ava and Alex are, I'm not sure about Adrianna. I know she was really upset earlier."

"I'm sure she is," I sighed tying my hair up into a messy bun to keep it out my face. "I'm sorry if I'm keeping you, you can go home if you want to."

"Have I ever left your side when you needed me?" he asked looking me in the eye, I shook my head no because he hasn't. "So what makes you think I'm about to now?"

"I don't want Kyla to get mad because you aren't home," I told him referring to my cousin that he married. She gets mad at him often because sometimes she feels like he puts me first when that's not the case.

Trey has always been by my side since I was going through things with my Mom as a teen, and to this day he's still been by my side whenever I needed him.

"Me and her have talked while you were asleep. Everything is fine," he assured me and I nodded.

"Can I get you something to drink?" I asked him as I stood up getting ready to walk in the kitchen.

"Nah, I'm fine."

I still decided to stop by there anyway to get myself a bottle of water, and one for Adrianna as well just incase she was awake when I go check on her.

When I walked in the kitchen I jumped a little because I was not prepared to see Chad sitting at my island.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked cautiously not moving from my spot. I don't care how many years have passed since the event between us has happened, I still don't trust him.

"You don't have to worry about me. I'm only waiting for the guys to get back."

"Who even let you in? You can wait for them some where else," I told him. The last thing I wanted was for Blaze to return only to see me in the kitchen alone talking to Chad.

"I let myself in because he gave me a key, Mookie-"

"It's Monique," I corrected and he sighed.

"I apologize, I'm not here to start anything. If me being here really makes you that uncomfortable then I will leave," he promised and I looked away.

I wasn't trying to be rude but I didn't want to deal with this right now. I'm tired, my head hurts, and no one will tell me if my husband is okay.

"Have you heard from any of the guys?" I asked, making him turn his head back towards me.

"Not recently, no. Mike called me a few hours ago and asked for me to wait here so that's what I'm doing."

"They haven't said anything about Blaze? Is he okay?"