"And the same to you," she smiled, before looking between her and Amory. "How do you two know each other?"

Camilla answered first. "Jai

"And Gideon," Amory nodded. "We've known each other for a few years now," Camilla grinned. "I even trained Amory himself, didn't I?"

"We are not going there right now, Cam," he told her, rolling his eyes.

"Fine, fine," she laughed with a wave of her hand. "But seriously, I'll have to tell it to you about it some other time in the near future should we meet again, princess. For now, though...well, the ship isn't going to be able to stay anchored for much longer. We had to cloak her a few times so the human ships wouldn't see. There were a few ships leaving the area, but..."

Amory nodded as his hand tightened around Lyv's. "Give me a few minutes to get my things and...and say goodbye, all right?"

Camilla bowed her head to Lyv. "Again, it was very nice to meet you, princess. I hope this will not be our only one."

Lyv nodded, her throat already clogging with tears. "Just keep an eye on him for me, will you?"

She gave them both a sad smile as she nodded. "Of course. As long as you will take care of Gideon. He can be your pain in the ass for a while now instead of mine. And little Jett. How can we forget about that adorable pixie?"

Finally, Lyv was able to laugh as she nodded.

Her heart was thundering in her chest as Amory led them back up to the boathouse where his own bag was sitting. He refused to let go of her hand, but had trouble meeting her eyes as he slung the strap over his chest.

"Remember your promise, all right?" she whispered as her tears finally fell. "Please..."

Amory finally looked up at her, his own eyes red. He stepped closer to her, hands reaching up to hold her face. She covered his with hers as she looked up at him. His thumbs brushed away her tears before he leaned down and gave her a soft kiss.

"I promise I will come back to you," he told her, looking into her eyes. "I don't know when, but I will."

"And don't forget about me, all right? Don't fall for some human or Fae female or even a mermaid over in Dalcaine or even in Ethran if you find yourself in the eastern lands."

"How can I when I have you to come back to?" He brushed more of her tears away as he smiled. "I don't know how I have walked these lands and haven't had you beside me. You are mine and I am yours and I can promise we are going to make up for lost time once I come back to you."

"I know of several ways you can do that..."

That wicked grin reappeared. "And I know several ways you can, too."

Lyv whimpered as she leaned up and kissed him slowly, putting all of her emotions into it. It would be the kiss she would be remembering on her journey home, when she was missing him to the point of pain, and one she would look forward to again once he was back in her arms, no matter how long that took.

Amory didn't say anything more, his eyes tracing over her face as if to lock her image in his mind. She was doing them same, before finally focusing on his eyes.

And then he was walking backward down the porch steps, gripping onto the railing as if he was prepared to haul himself back up and into her arms. But he didn't, finally turning to walk down the dock to where Camilla waited. Lyv couldn't move, just watched as he stepped into the boat and they were on their way toward the anchored ship in the bay.