CHAPTER FOUR - THE SACRIFICE (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

All asleep in a deep slumber, part of me didn’t want to wake up to face the conflicts that awaited.

As I tossed and turned in the rug, I could sense something strange approaching and tried to use my other senses to figure out who this intruder was, standing before me.

Throughout the darkness, I could see Raven’s face. As the black and white close-up image zoomed in slowly, it allowed me to see this wasn’t my sister at all.

Of course, this girl looked like Raven, but her long, black hair was matted and her face was white with deep, jagged scares on it. ‘Raven?’ I whispered but I wasn’t an active party in this vision, just an observer; as she continued to ignore me, I followed her to understand the meaning of this cryptic dream.

She wandered aimlessly around a small abandoned village and as I followed closer, I realised it was our neighbour. The remains of the houses showed signs of fire damage and the coven was nowhere to be seen.

It was like a sinister, eerie black and white ghost town, putting the hair up on the back of my neck as I struggled to find anything familiar to latch onto. I needed something to ease my petrified mind.

Her body juddered; the trees groaned as she walked past them, almost as if scared of her dark aura. She entered a derelict house and as I walked in behind her, she picked up a picture frame and took it with her as she walked up the dilapidated stairs.

There was something familiar about the surroundings. As she walked into a bedroom and sat on the floor, she produced the picture from her black cloak and I knew exactly where we were.

We were in our house.

She got up and drew a circle on the floor to sit in. Sat with her legs crossed, she stared at the picture and her eyes penetrated the image with a red bolt of pulsating mist.

Silently, she moved her head left and right as she gazed upon my image. ‘Faith,’ she whispered as she continued to pierce the picture with her frightening glare.

I tried to answer her but my words disappeared in the spine-chilling air. Continuing to watch, to see what she would do next, I didn’t notice the black shadow that was growing in the corner of the room.

I screamed at her to look at this dark entity but she continued with the picture. The black accumulation began to take over the ceiling until it shot down and disappeared into her body.

She fell to the floor and the picture, along with the frame, smashed into pieces and blew through the open window with a strong gust of wind.

I went over to try to revive her but with every touch, my hand passed through her. ‘Was I a ghost?’ I asked myself as she started to stir and regain consciousness. I jumped back, still aware this girl was not my sister and she sat back upright.   

Her vision was set on two objects in front of her and she sat as still as a statue as she observed them. Inspecting further, I realised there were two ostrich eggs positioned upright, within the circle next to her.

I wondered why they were there and how they remained standing but as I pondered, she looked behind her and heard footsteps. The banging at the door increased in volume. She picked up the eggs and flew out the window.

Wondering what the meaning of the eggs could be, I awoke weeping for my sister. ‘Faith, you’re having a nightmare!’ Rohan whispered as he shook me to make sure I was awake.

Idony crawled over to us and touched my temples. ‘Your sister is trying to tell you something… She is ready to help you and Rohan,’ she said as my lover looked on.

‘Were we the eggs?’ I asked, as though she was in the dream with us.

She shrugged her shoulders, unsure, and Rohan started packing our belongings away, ready for the journey to the village of Sana.

Did you enjoy this chapter? If so, please show your support for this author by VOTING for this story or leave a COMMENT to connect with me! Thanks everyone! :)

***If you cannot wait for me to update this story EVERY TUESDAY AND FRIDAY, the full book is available to purchase on Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, Kobo and iBooks***