40: Safety First Kids

Start from the beginning

I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the door which he immediately shut.

"What are you doing?"

"You said you don't let anyone in your car, so I'm not going to be in your car."

He laughed, "I've been driving with you in this car for the past 3 days, Cupcake."

Oooh..

"And who says your 'anyone'?"

And that's how it was for the next week.

Monday. Pick me up from home. Take me to the hell hole of school. Drop me off home after my brain becomes mush.

Tuesday. Pick me up. Take me to the hell hole of school. Drop me off home after.

Wednesday. Pick me up. Take me to school. Drop me off after.

Thursday. Pick up. To school. Drop off.

Friday. Now.

"Morning," I hopped into the now familiar passenger seat and chucked him a Pop Tart. As usual.

"Mornin'," he caught the pop tart, "Brown sugar cinnamon..you know me so well."

I scoffed, "It's what I've been giving you for the past week."

"Exactly." He grinned, goofily.

"Shut up and go." I matched his smile as he revved the engine and drove off.

***

"See you in first?" I closed his car door and he locked it.

"Can't wait," he winked then went over to our normal meet up before school.

I walked into school to meet Thalia, Kimberley and Raven at the Drama Theatre where other groups were also getting ready.

"It's getting lonely with just me and Noah racing to school without you." Raven pouted when she saw me.

"Oh yeah.." I laughed awkwardly.

"Never mind, we have to get you ready Maria." She bustled past other groups and emphasised 'Maria' when we went past Hayley.

"We don't know that yet." I was pushed into a makeup chair with a lit up mirror in front of it.

My group looked at each other, "Sure..whatever you say."

I raised an eyebrow and was about to say something but I was silenced by some makeup- whatever that are called- prodding my face.

When they finished, I looked somewhat like Maria and they gave me the red and yellow dress that looked exactly the same as hers.

"Someone in the design department made it for us, they don't want Hayley to be Maria." Kim handed me the dress.

"They certainly did a good job," I admired the dress, "I will be back."

I went to put it on and came out to meet Hayley.

She looked down at my outfit, "Nice try getting the role with that dress."

I looked down at hers which was a skimpier version of mine, "I thought the same for yours..but you do you boo."

I smiled at got back to my friends who loved the dress, unlike some people..

"Our first audition is Hayley's 'I feel Pretty' group." Our drama teacher introduced.

My mouth fell open and so did most peoples back stage.

She knew that we were using that song but she still copied it anyway. Hayley and her minions sashayed past us smirking and judging us. When they walked onto the stage, their set looked like Sharpay Evans room. Everything was pink and bedazzled with glitter and sparkles.

The music began and it was obvious that Hayley had made herself the star of their act. Throughout the whole song it was just her singing and dancing around and none of the other girls did anything but sit at the sewing machines bobbing their heads along. I'll admit that Hayley is an amazing singer but she didn't give a chance to her other 'friends' who could be better.

Poor them.

The exited the stage with their chins held high when Bee, Taylor began their scene with some guys who auditioned to be the jets on stage. They were great actresses and had experience acting before, I could tell.

They finished and we applauded, Jason and Dean's were the loudest while they cheered with Pom poms at the back as well.

"And now we have another 'I feel Pretty' audition." Mr. Willock read off his clipboard.

We got up onto the stage and took out starting positions as the lights faded. The tech guy started music and lights as I started to sing. I did the well rehearsed moves that we choreographed and stepped across the set. Soon the rest of my group began singing and dancing along with me. I would say that our audition went perfect except for the part on the table when I almost fell off but they caught me while making it look like it was meant to happen.

Phew.

By the time we finished I was out of breath and holding the fabric around me. Clapping became louder and louder as we took a bow and left the stage.

"That was amazing, you guys!" Bee praised us.

"Jeez, how do you do it?" Taylor wiped fake swear off her forehead.

"I don't even know," I plopped myself down on a chair, "At least I'm done for today."

They all looked at me confused, "No you're not."

"What?" I furrowed my brows.

"We are still setting up for the Decade Dance today."

***
A/N: ok so I'm definitely failing my exams because I'm still crying over someone's death in infinity wars ;(( marvel look what you've done to me.

ugh, so I still have to revise and thanks for over 80k reads?! wowowoowwowowow 😄😄 I would do another marathon but I have to get good grades 😬

And I think you would have to watch West Side Story to understand what this is all about because it can get confusing lol

See you next weekend xx