Chapter 7: Building C

Previously...

They start to make their way over, making everyone else under the barrier freak out. Stupid Rose... Suddenly an idea pops up in my head. 

I throw up a small barrier just in front of their feet, causing them to hit it and trip. I only manage to make Jason and Rose fall over though, as the other regain their balance. Everyone watching lets out a laugh at what they think is their clumsiness. I watch them get embarrassed, and quickly start to leave the cafeteria, Rose following after them desperately. Peyton tags along behind the other three with a bored expression, however, he casts one last look over towards our area. And I swear he looked me dead in the eye...
______________________________________

After all the commotion dies down, I glance over to the others.

"That was awesome! You totally owned them!" Nikki cheers loudly, causing everyone else to laugh. I look back over to the boy, that was caught sitting on their table, and watch him let out a sigh of relief. I also catch Destiny staring at me again, her eyes slightly squinting as if trying to figure me out. Since she's shy, I guess she just like observing people.

"Would it be possible to bring him over here, Nyx?" Liv asks probably not wanting to leave him alone out there. I nod and raise my hand up to the barrier I have around him. It responds to my call and starts to move closer to our table. When the boy reaches the end of the barrier it pushes him softly towards the middle again. Confused, he slowly walks with it, until it reaches our table. 

"Get ready to catch him, Chase..." I say, mentally preparing myself to merge the two barriers together. I create a small hole in both the barriers and quickly pull his barrier towards ours, causing it to push him into ours as well. He stumbles, but thanks to Chase, he catches him and brings him over to the table. I merge the two barriers together and look around quickly to see if anyone saw anything, however, they were all caught up in discussing the beating the boys got earlier. 

The younger boy looks around at the barrier confused, then glancing around at us, shock crossing his face. "Was that you who put that thing around me?" He asks shyly. Now that he was closer, I can definitely tell that he is several years below us. His boyish looks seem familiar, however, what throws me off is his round, hipster glasses. I stare at him a little longer, as Chase invites him to sit down.

"That was Phoebe," Michelle explains, gesturing over towards me, who was currently still staring at him, trying to figure out who he looked like. He looks over towards me with gratitude in his eyes. I suddenly remember the situation on the bus this morning. That's when a face crosses my mind.

"I KNOW!" I yell out with a clap, without realizing, scaring Destiny half to death. He was Christian's brother that came onto the bus this morning, he just didn't have his glasses on. That's why I didn't recognize him straight away.

"You know what, Phoebe?" Mandy asks me with a confused look on her face. Everyone looks at me with a similar expression, as if I had gone mad. 

"AH, Whoops... Wasn't meant to say that out loud... But I was trying to figure out where I've seen him before," I explain, hoping to clear up some confusion.

"Awwww Yea, you met him this morning on the bus didn't you?" Mandy says as if realizing something. "Speaking of... Why are in this cafeteria, Jackson? Shouldn't you be in the other food hall?" Apparently, this school has three different food halls. One for Middle School, so Blaze and Ash's grade. Then one for the Freshman through to Senior level, which is where we are now. The last one is for the Famous Celebrities that attend here and their siblings so that the other students don't bother them while they take a break. I was only told about this recently, but the famous people don't actually attend the same classes as us. They have their own classes in a separate part of the academy, even if some of them have special powers as well. So that means Jackson should be in a different cafeteria with his older brother (In the famous people's one)