Chapter 7

His Color
•••

"What were you doing out there?" Red initiated a conversation with his gaze fixated on the road ahead. We're inside his grey Lamborghini Aventador from the exertion of saving Canyon, the guy who governs about the transport of the weapons. Good thing his car was a four-seater one, because I don't wanna walk.

"Swimming." I responded enveloping my arms on my chest. It was getting colder each second. I seriously need to go home as fast as I could, or I might die out of hypothermia.

The car went into a stop that made me face him, "Here, take my jacket, you're getting cold." He commanded and took his jacket off. I didn't protest because I obviously need it and his jacket helped warmed me a bit.

"Thank you for helping anyway. Went out immediately when Canyon texted me an address." He then spared a glance at the beat-up man curling at the backseat.

"If you weren't there, I couldn't imagine what could possibly be the faith of Canyon." He added and I just nodded. Damn he was talkative, "Here's my car. Thanks for the ride." I pointed beside the road and offered him a tight smile.

After crossing the road and unlocking my car, I triumphantly got in and woke the engine. It was getting so cold and all I could do was mentally curse. Luckily, Red was man enough to offer me a ride until we reach my car and had me borrow his jacket too.

I was supposed to have a decent swim, not to get my outfit gone and fight like a stripper in a bad weather.

I promptly drive towards the road and turned the radio on. I don't have any albums or anything besides weapons inside my car. A little music might calm me down from trembling a bit. Gasoline by Halsey was on. Great.

"Are you insane like me? Been in pain like me? Bought a hundred-dollar bottle of champagne like me? Just to pour that motherfucker down the drain like me?" I sang along. It was one of my college favorite songs. The lyrics were made perfectly to describe the things I cannot say out loud.

"And all the people say, "You can't wake up this is not a dream!" I yelled emphatically and turned off the music. It's not making me feel any greater, it's making me go down memory lane again.

Silence dominated the 30-minute path towards the Astraea Mansion. I still live there. I promised to moved out once I solve the case, but there's still no progress. As I entered the property, I spotted a sleek black Enzo Ferrari. Confused why I can sport cars? Probably because all the people I work with own some.

But who owns this? The only person I know who had this kind was Syass, Viktor's second son. But Syass' prefers red over black. Not that I cared, but he's very vocal about it. And all his cars have been nothing but all red. So this is not his.

I came to a stop, observing the exterior of the car and spotted a Magnus logo. It's safe then. I strode towards the main door and was surprised by a jerk leaning on my door frame.

His eyes turned dark upon looking at me. I'm not sure if it's desire or anger, but mostly between both. "What are you doing here?" I asked and eyed him. He was in his rugged look with his arms rolled towards his chest.

"To surprise you, but you had me more with that wet look." He grimaced and swiped his finger along his chin.

"Not in the mood for nonsense, Crauss." I slid the key on the keyhole and unlocked the door. "I'm sure I'm no nonsense." He said and walked ahead inside like it was his home.

"You still live here." He pointed out. "Obviously." I stated and walked towards the nearest bathroom to get some robe. I really want to shower, but there's still a jerk inside my house. "Here. Got you a mission." He said and handed me a paper then turned towards the door to leave without even sparing a glance.

What could this mission possibly be? I opened the piece of paper and discovered nothing. What is he supposed to mean by giving me a blank paper? There is no mission written on it. Maybe I'll have to burn it later to see his secret message then.

I proceeded towards my room when I caught a glimpse of the sea. My feet naturally changed its route and traversed straight towards the balcony over-looking the sea. It was still the same scenery, the same furnitures, and the same feeling. The only difference is, I'm all alone now.

I used to loosen up and sunbathe in this part of the house. It was really relaxing and we used to watch the sunset all together- as a family. I reversed the thought and sat down at the lounge chair. I could use some rest.

___________
@reinacomille5