Chapter 3

What Party?
•••

I rose back to my senses when a sleek red ferrari abruptly stopped in front of me, making me step on the breaks real hard and real quick. I frustratedly punched the steering wheel in front of me. I wanted to burst out on the driver, but I stayed still. Thinking maybe it was some enemy descrying on me.

I withdrew a gun from the compartment, slowly eyeing the one ahead as its door was opening slowly.

I climbed out of the car without a gush and waited as the foe slowly uncovered his face.

Crap. Another nuisance.

"I'm no attacker my dear Alaska." He let out a fake laugh and licked his lips.

I darted a cold glare towards him. Not wanting to reply to any of his sentiments.

"What do you want this time, Callus?" I asked through gritted teeth.

He pointed at me "You." and chuckled, "Calm down, Alaska. I was told to bring you to the Magnus Mansion." I batted an eyelid and confusion dominated my eyes but I shook it out easily.

What could Viktor Magnus possibly needed from me?

"Fear not." He comforted like I was some child alone in a ghost town.

"Fear is different from confusion."

"You know what Alaska. I greatly admire you. Why don't we hook up?" Callus said and I cringe at the thought.

I cannot understand why most of the people I worked with are libertines.

"Hook with all people, but me." I stated and went back in to my car. The colloquy was going nonsense and I don't waste words over some.

He reverted to his car and I followed as we raced down towards the Magnus Mansion. As we entered the property, I spotted some cars of people I have worked with. The lawn was bright. There must be a meeting, or worse, a party.

I parked my car and didn't wait for Callus to join me. I went inside as briskly and was surprised by the ambience the large mansion held. It wasn't normal. From the gloomy walls and dark aura to the bright chandeliers and lively music. It was transformed, claiming that there really is a party. A grand one.

I looked at Callus following and he smirked. "Sorry to tell you but anyone is not allowed to leave the party, yet." He divulged into my ears and walked past me.

Dickhead.

Everyone knows I don't fancy parties. And will never be. They are just a waste of time.

An arm suddenly find its way to my shoulder. "Always the beauty of the crowd, Alaska." I recognized the voice and when I turned around, it really was Froy.

I gave him a quizzical look and turn around to scan the room. All the associates were in here, even the agents like me. This party must be very important to have all these important people gathering around.

"I am as confused as you are." Red spoke behind me, but I didn't reply in return. "Maybe there's someone coming back." He added and walked away.

And who might that be?

Red is an agent, specialized in hand weaponries. He has an eye like an eagle's. Very sharp and bold. He could master a weapon even with the lack of practice. But what's sublime within Red, is that he doesn't flirt with me, or might not have yet. Knowing the population of woman inside this business is highly in scarce.

___________
@reinacomille5