"It's already bruising. Come on, I'll take you to the nurse."

"No. No...then I'll have to tell her how it happened and then they'll get ever more angry."

"They need to get repor-." Noah shakes his head.

"No Noah! I- ow....fuck."

Noah helps him sit up, he takes a water bottle out of his bag, pressing it against Benjamin's cheek. Benjamin winces in pain, biting down on his lip.

Benjamin sighs, "I'm okay now."

Noah looks at the bruise, "It's bruising pretty bad, you sure?"

Benjamin nods, being used to the feeling of being punched. "Yea...thank you. We should get to class."

**

Benjamin catches a ride home with Noah. He grabs his house key, walking in first. Noah shuts the door behind himself.

"Hi baby cakes. Came home early to surprise you!"

Benjamin stares at her, "This is Noah. We're working on a project together. We'll be in my room."

Benjamin walks away, Noah following after. Ms.Evans frowns, "Wait! Honey! I just got back from my trip, I thought we could hang out."

Benjamin shuts his door, setting his bag down.

Noah takes a seat on Benjamin's bed, gesturing back to his door. "You haven't told her yet?"

"No."

"You aren't going to?"

"I don't know." Benjamin grabs his computer, "Okay. So Jackson was only five when the neglect started..So maybe we can make a timeline about...why and how he got the-."

"Idea to make a film over it?"

"Yea...and then we can use scenes of the movie to describe his childhood."

Noah nods in agreement. "Okay."

**

Benjamin walks Noah out, smiling. "I can pick you up tomorrow."

"Okay."

"What time?"

"I'll text you. Drive safe."

Noah looks down at him, "Okay."

Benjamin smiles, closing the door. His mom walks up to him, "Is everything alright?"

"Mhm, I have to shower."

"Hey! I don't...I'm not feeling that guy. Don't bring him over her again."

Benjamin crosses his arms. "Excuse me?"

"I don't want him in my house...he makes me uncomfortable."

"Why? He was in your presence for what? Two seconds. I'm tired of people telling me who I can and can't hang out with."

"You have friends...you don't need him."

"You know what? I have to shower."

"Benjamin Alexzander Evans! Do not walk away!"

"I'm done arguing. And no, I actually don't have friends! They don't like me anymore. So please, leave me alone!"

**

Benjamin walks out the bathroom, putting on shorts and a tee shirt. He sits at his vanity, cleaning his face.

"Benjamin! Come down here please!"

He groans, grabbing his phone. He walks downstairs, slowing down when he sees Kiara and Zoe's mom.

"What's going on here?"

"We need to talk about your friends."

Benjamin shakes his head, "Everything is fine."

"How'd you get that scar, Benny?"

"I fell....Noah and I were walking to class, and I tripped."

"Don't lie to me."

"I'm not".

"Are you still hanging out with Kiara and Zoē? You said you didn't have any friends".

"...we're just taking a break. We all need to take breaks".

"But they're hanging out...without you". Kiaras mom says.

Benjamin shrugs, "I don't care...they can do what they want".

"And Zoē tells me she's dating Katen...the bully".

"Yup".

"You can go upstairs".

Benjamin turns around, walking up. He goes into his room, face planting onto the bed. He grabs his pillow, screaming into it.