Unexpected visits

I woke up to an annoying buzzing sound next to me, it took me a few minutes to realize that the buzzing is my phone of course it was my best friend Lucy calling me she is Sarah’s daughter by the way oh wait my phone is still ringing .

(L=LUCY, M=MADISON)

M: Hey Lucy

L:  “Maddie!! I heard from mom that you got back to the orphanage and she told me everything don’t  be scared I am coming with you to the court when you know when it is and trust me I am going to kill them with my bare hands ,why didn’t you ever tell me about what they did to you ?”

Yep that’s my best friend she can be a bit talkative but I still love her she and Sarah are the only people that actually care about me

M:  “I didn’t want to bother you “I could already feel the tears well up in my eyes from thinking about what happened

L: “WHAT??? Maddie are you stupid? I care about you and this is a very serious situation please promise me that whenever you feel down sad or anything call me, Maddie you don’t bother me I don’t even know where you got that idea from”.

Tears started streaming down my face faster I know she didn’t mean it but after hearing those names people call me come from my best friend’s mouth confirms that I am in fact ugly, worthless, stupid, fat, etc.

M: “Lucy I have to go talk to you later bye “with that I hung up and went to bathroom to do my daily routine that I had done for the last month of being in the orphanage.

After my shower I got dressed in a pair of jeans and an owl shirt and to match it together an owl necklace then finally my signature black high top converse and black bracelet. I went out of my room to find Tyler and Jana standing in front of me “oh joy” I thought to myself the 2 bullies of the orphanage you would think that after a month of being back here they would leave me alone.

“Oh look that thing finally woke up” said Tyler with a smirk on his face.

“Ew!! I wonder where she got that horrible outfit from” said Jana giving me a look of pure disgust.

I thought enough was enough I was getting sick of their comments and the looks they were giving me so before they said anything else I decided to speak up “Oh I am sorry Jana that my outfit isn’t like any of your Barbie outfits that are all pink and could barley be described as clothes” I said and with that I pushed past them and went down stairs and to be honest I was actually proud of myself. I was greeted with Sarah’s smiling face as soon as I entered the kitchen “Oh good you are up you have some visitors that are coming soon so grab a bite before they come” said Sarah, I nodded and ate an apple and as soon as I finished Sarah came in the kitchen and told me to follow her to her office to meet my visitors.

When I went into her office I was greeted by a man and his wife that didn’t hesitate for a second and introduced herself “Hi, I am Karen and this is my husband Geoff Payne and we came here today to meet you and to tell you that we decided on adopting you” I looked at them shocked and scared I didn’t want to get adopted what if they are like the Martins family? I wanted to wait till I am 18 so I can leave the orphanage and live by myself; as if reading my mind Sarah whispered in my ear and said “Don’t worry they won’t hurt you so give it a try”. I nodded and said that I am going upstairs to pack my stuff while they finished all the papers required.

After I packed all my stuff I went downstairs said goodbye to Sarah then Mr. and Mrs. Payne lead me to their car it was silent at first before Mrs. Payne broke it. “Well sweetheart we are now going to the mall to shop till we drop, and we will need to pick a cute outfit for you to wear to dinner tomorrow as we are eating in a nice restaurant”. I just nodded and continued looking out of the window.