Regina Mae Armstrong

Regina Mae Armstrong: 5

Date Missing: June 18, 1985

Regina was kidnapped outside her babysitter's apartment inn Orlando, Florida. A man approached, Regina, 5, her sister Christina, 9, and the babysitter's young son. According to Christina he smelt of alcohol and gave her (Christina) and the babysitter's son $2 each and told them to watch an apartment he claimed was his. He said he was taking Regina to pick up his grandchildren and would be back shortly. When they didn't return, Christina told the babysitter who ignored her and locked her outside.

Over the next few months, there were several reported "sightings" of Regina and her captor. One reported sighting of the captor was at Popeye's Chicken when he came in and asked for a can of ravioli to be opened. Ravioli was Regina's favorite food. 

In September of 1987, Regina's skull and dress were found. Oviedo police did not connect the finding with the abduction and wouldn't do so for another year when a new police chief, Dennis Peterson, took over and noticed that the dress found matched the description of Regina's dress.

"I don't see how the skull of a small child can be found and a dress can be put in a locker and no one say anything about it," he said in disgust.

Police said they believed she was killed by somebody living in Central Florida. One suspect was John Couey who abducted Jessica Lunsford and buried her alive. (More on that case at https://morbidology.com/the-abduction-murder-of-jessica-lunsford/ )

Regina Mae Armstrong's abductor was described as a white male, 6'0, with salt and pepper hair, and with missing teeth.

IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON ANY CRIMINAL CASE, CALL CRIMELINE AT 800.423.TIPS. YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO GIVE YOUR NAME AND YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR A REWARD.

Sources: https://morbidology.com/the-unsolved-murder-of-regina-mae-armstrong/

http://www.cityoforlando.net/police/regina-mae-armstrong/

reddit

r/UnresolvedMysteries

u/morbidology