Reuben Bennett Blackwell II

reddit

r/UnresolvedMysteries

u/kikat

The Missing, Unidentified, and Unsolved in Maryland Case #12 Reuben Bennett Blackwell II

Name: Reuben Bennett Blackwell II

Date Missing: 05/06/1996

Missing Location: Clinton, (Prince George's County) Maryland.

Age during disappearance: 3 years old (DOB: December 29, 1992)

Age Today: 25 years old

Key Physical Descriptions: Reuben is an African-American male with black hair and brown eyes.

His father, Reuben Bennett Blackwell Sr. is also an African American male with brown eyes and black hair that was starting to turn gray at his temples. Reuben Sr. suffers from high blood pressure.

Clothing: Unknown

Background of Case: Reuben Bennett Blackwell II, who goes by his middle name of Bennett was last seen on May 9, 1996 at the home of his maternal grandmother in Clifton, MD. His parents, while married at the time were having marital issues and Bennett's mother Deborah had stated her husband was verbally abusive and the week before the abduction he had thrown things at her.

On the morning of May 6, Deborah dropped her son off at daycare and went to the police for assistance with her husband. They suggested she obtain an ex-part order which would require Reuben Sr. to leave the home for 10 days, then the two adults would go before a judge to have their problems sorted out. Deborah agreed but requested the order not be served until the following day because it was her husband's turn to pick up Bennett from daycare.

The sheriff didn't follow this instruction and showed up to Deborah's mother's home to serve the order that afternoon after Reuben Sr. had arrived with his son. While being served the order there was an altercation and Reuben Sr. managed to flee with his son. They have not been seen since.

Any personal/odd details: Reuben Sr. drove away in a blue 1999 Volvo 490 Sedan. He has apparently threatened to do harm to himself and his son. He even sent a letter to his mother (some sources say he sent it to Deborah) on how he wanted their funeral arraignments to be carried out.

A felony warrant was issued for him and on September 22, 2000 a warrant for unlawful flight to avoid prosection was issued as well. The authorities believe both Reuben Sr. and Bennett may be in Ohio, but not exactly sure where. Reuben Sr. is considered dangerous.

If you know the whereabouts or have any information please contact: Prince George's County Police

301-868-8773

Or

FBI

513-421-4310

Bennett's age progression photo

Reuben Bennett Sr.

Sources: http://charleyproject.org/case/reuben-bennett-blackwell-ii

http://missingchildren.wikia.com/wiki/Reuben_Bennett_Blackwell_II

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1445dmmd.html

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Man-Accused-of-Kidnapping-Son-May-be-in-Ohio-258700251.html