Chapter 1

So hey guys!!! I'm new to this so it's probably not very good but you know, let's see how it turns out!! Have fun reading. Oh yeah, this all belongs to Shannon Messenger. It is not my characters. I'm only making fanfiction.

Sophie was in the elite levels, and Fitz had just a graduated. She was home for the weekend because it was a vacation, in which she rarely got. Sophie woke up to see blue eyes staring at her in wonderment. "Fitz!" Sophie exclaimed. "I, uh, wasn't expecting you." Sophie looked around her room, staring at the pink petaled carpet.
"Yeah I have something to tell you. I think you'll be happy."
"Hold on. 1. I'm hungry 2. I just woke up. 3. Don't tell me anything until I'm ready." Sophie said, sounding exasperated.

"It's fine Sophie, I can tell you like this."
Fitz said telepathically.

Ummm... okay.

"So... " Fitz said nervously. "I decided to become a physician. It's my dream. And I already know some of the stuff."

"A what!" Sophie shouted in her head.
Fitz winced at the loud, reverberating voice in his head.

Fitz was going to be a physician!! Sophie couldn't believe her ears when she heard him say it. Although she knew that in order for his dream to happen, he would have to have extensive training. Almost a year!
"Fitz..." Sophie said cautiously out loud.
"Yes Sophie?"
"Are you sure you want to do this? I mean we haven't cognated yet and... I don't know... maybe you should wait. I mean it is a year of training."
Fitz seemed appalled at the idea. His ocean teal eyes bored into her soul, questioning her motive.
"I think we should probably wait to cognate... I think. And plus, I might graduate early." Fitz said, even unsure of himself. "I already made my decision. I will be starting my studies tomorrow." Fitz said more confidently.
"Tomorrow!! I guess I shouldn't interfere with your personal life, I've caused you enough trouble." Sophie said softly.
Sophie sat up in her bed at Havenfield as Fitz sat beside her staring at his feet.
"So... ummm, Sophie. How do you feel about m--"
Fitz was interrupted by a loud screech.
"Verdi, get back here." Grady yelled from the pastures.
"Uhh... sorry Fitz, gotta go and help Grady." Sophie said quietly, hurrying down the stairs, only to trip and fall. "Thump." Sophie's head hit the stairs.
"Fitz!!" She screamed, clearly in pain. Lights were spinning and she saw bright stars. Everything was too bright and yet dimming at the same time.
"Sophie!! Can you hear me?"
"Yeah, I'm just getting... really... tir---" Sophie's head hit the stairs. And everything went black.
Sophie was unconscious and Fitz was shouting for Grady.
"Grady!! Get Elwin NOW!"
Grady couldn't seem to hear him. Fitz was in a panic. Should he pick Sophie up? Should he leave her there? He picked up her limp arm, it dropped to the hard ground.
"Oh no oh no oh no oh no..." Fitz mumbled.
He scooped Sophie up and checked her pulse. Was she even breathing? Hardly.