02. All is fair in Love and War

The sound of an obnoxious alarm ringing made me open my eyes grudgingly, hitting my head on something in the process

"Ouch," a voice and I said in sync. Faye rubbed her head softly while glaring at me. I smiled sheepishly at her.

The sound still didn't stop, not that I made and attempt to stop it except haul my sorry ass from my sleep, which is actually something if you take it optimistically. I looked around to find the alarm clock on my vanity desk. I blinked multiple times adjusting to the sunlight squeezing it's way through the closed curtains.

"It's Clio's phone," Faye told me with a yawn. I nodded, my lips forming an 'o'.

"Will you answer it?" she asked me, with an innocent almost-pleading voice. I gave her an are you kidding me? look to which she crossed her hands over her chest and looked questioningly at me, her innocent façade washed away.

"Fine," she huffed looking away.

Seconds passed. Minutes passed. Hours passed. Days passed still through freaking phone wouldn't stop ringing. Who the hell is it?

An imaginary light bulb popped on my head. An idea.

I  motioned for her to watch. She raised her eyebrows but said nontheless.

I shook Cleon gently, she stirred in her sleep. I masked a confused look, then leaned close enough to smell her morning breath, stale and pathetic.

"Look who's here, it's JORDAN! What do you want, freak?" I said, enunciating each word loud and clear so that even a half dead person would understand.

Cleon jumped from the bed frantically, adjusting her crow nest of a hair, pulling her crumpled shirt, her nervous eyes darting around the room searching for a supposed Jordan. My eyes narrowed infinitesimally, he isn't completely erased from her mind yet.

"W-where is he? Did he l-leave already?" Clio stuttered, still looking around frantically searching for him in my room. Only there was no Jordan but ourselves. I was almost feeling sorry for her.

Silence. Oh wait! The ringing hasn't stopped yet.

"Now that you're standing, would you mind answering that damn phone which has been ringing for god knows how long?" I asked coolly, resting my head on the cushioned headboard.

Confusion was etched on Clio's face, then shock turned to horror when realization hit her. Eyes reddened, she was fuming by the time she realized she was tricked. I could mentally see steam lobbing out of her ears in heavy puffs.

"Did you fucking wake me up with a fucking lie to fucking answer the damn fucking phone," she barked at me.

"Geez woman, you swear alot these days. You're lucky that aunt isn't- ahh," I shouted when Clio jumped on me.

Thanks to my fencing lessons, I ducked her blow and hid behind the closest human which happened to be Faye. She moved aside giving better access to Clio who has now transformed from the petite cat to an avenging tiger. Betrayer. She straddled me by my torso, locking me. I inwardly shuddered as her lips curved into a maniacal smile.

"Uh guys, it really is Jordan," Luna interrupted Clio from her evil thoughts of 50 ways to kill Astrid. An indecipherable relief washed over me as she got down from me. No one wants the wrath of an avenging cousin, trust me.

She silently got up and picked the phone. The room had gone silent by now.

"Hel-" I snatched the phone from her ear and threw it away, vexed. And to make worse worser, the phone flew out of the window. Okay now that was rash, but don't blame me, accidents do happen.