05. The Minotaur, psycho and I

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

My clenched fists were concealed in the folds of my skirt. I was starting to wonder if I had undetected misphonia, but then again if you had been listening only to the obnoxious munching of cookies for the past fifteen minutes, one is prone to get annoyed. Worse, when awaiting interrogation.

"So let me get this straight, in your project 'Loyalty of Trent', a junior named Lucy Harrow was used as the bait. Trent failed miserably by taking the bait and now he's number one on your hit list. Your revenge plan and what was the name-"

"Trent's food fiasco."

"Ah yes, that one was a success. You decide to break it to your main subject and now you are right infront of her and handing you a cookie means forgiveness," crumbles were falling from Clio's mouth as she spoke.

"Yes, yes, no, no, yes and yes."

"What the Hell does 'no' mean?"

"According to oxford, it means expressing disagreement or contradiction."

"I'm freaking seventeen years old Astrid, do you think I don't know what 'no' means? I asked why you said no!" Clio facepalmed.

Oh.

"Cross had been, is and will always be number one in my hit list, so Trent is number three and though the plan is a success, it's only a portion of it, hence the 'no',"I clarified.

"Who is number two?"

"Someone."

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

After changing into a clean uniform, I decided to confess my doings to Clio and it's been half an hour since my revelation and till now, her response had no positivity.

"But why tell me now? For all you know I could hate you or worse."

"I can't stab you behind your back and call you my friend. For trust to be built, lies and cheats should be wiped off clean and I know what I did was right, even if you deny it, but you should know because this time you're the pawn in this game, but also my bestfriend and please forgive me for hurting you."

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

I sighed.

"Look-"

"Want some?" she offered me a cookie and I smiled knowing I was forgiven.

"Yes please"

Plan A success.

*

Dear fate, if you were personified I'd kiss you!
Love,
Astrid.

Yes, fate decided to be on my side, thank the God, so the day has been fairly good. Fights: tick. Plans: tick. Revenge: tick. See, I told you. I know, that was plain evil but fabulously evil.

The girls and I ambled to our chemistry class, which was almost empty, save for nerds and outcasts, since there was another five minutes to begin. Ignoring my friends' gossip feeds, I opened my chemistry book to find a note with an all too familiar handwriting:

Your treat awaits you baby!
~King

And with that my good mood, which appears once in a blue moon, was washed away replacing it with a cold glare directed at the empty chair infront of me.

"Um, Astrid, you okay?"

I glared at Faye, directing all the anger and fury, which was for someone else, at her.