Chapter 1: Don't Go

Jesse's Pov:

Aaahhh! "If this is my last adventure at least I know that the command block is destroyed," Jesse thought to herself as she fell. She glanced next to her and saw Reuben falling she tried to grab him, but failed to catch him.  Jesse fell out of her bed, and realized that it was just a dream. "I miss you buddy, "Jesse said as a tear rolled down her cheek. Jesse thought to herself,"Everyone expects me to be leader, but I don't know if I can do this anymore." Thoughts rushed through my mind as I got up, but then I noticed something, my skin, it was purple! "How," I thought. I started to panic I don't know if it was from the wither or something else...

                                                                                     Lukas Pov:

"It has been a good day so far," I thought to myself as I walked toward the entrance to beacon town. "Ever since the command block was destroyed its been peaceful," he thought. As he entered beacon town, he saw everyone building their homes trying to settle down after everything was destroyed by the wither storm. He walked towards the order hall hoping to find his friends there.

                                                                                     Jesse Pov:

I didn't know what to think. Thoughts were passing my mind like crazy. What if they find out? I don't need them worrying about me. "I guess I just need to keep this to myself for now, but I know they will find out eventually," Jesse thought. "I need to go out for a walk, clear my mind." As I tried not to think, thoughts just keep rushing in, lost in deep thought I bumped into someone we both tumbled down. Not realizing who it was at first I blurted out, "I am so sorry." Then I realized who it was. "Lukas!" she exclaimed as she helped him up. "Hey to you too Jesse," Lukas said. Jesse trying not to draw attention to herself put her hand behind her, trying to hide her arm. I started coughing and Lukas noticed. "Jesse are you okay?" Lukas asked. "Y-yeah I'm fine," I said. "I know he knew I was lying but I couldn't risk it," I thought.

            Later That Day...          

Lukas Pov:

I knew Jesse was lying, I knew her too well. I wonder if she is sick or maybe its because of Reuben's death. She lost that sparkle in her emerald eyes somethings not right here. I know their is a bigger picture, but I don't know what. It was getting dark, so I decided to go back to my cottage. I opened the door, then closed it and walked into the kitchen. I shouldn't worry so much she's probably fine.

Jesse Pov:

I was in my room feeling guilty about what I did to Lukas, but it had to be this way for now. I laid down examining my arm, it was more purple than before. I knew I could only go so far before they found out. I closed my eyes and fell asleep. "I was in a room and I heard battle cries, but the voices were familiar, but I didn't know whose voices there were because of all the noise around me... "

                                                                The next morning:

Lukas Pov:

"I should probably check on Jesse today," I thought. I know that the gang will be coming soon for another adventure, still I think it 's too soon, but I am still willing to go. I went outside for some fresh air when I saw Jesse. I noticed her movements were wobbly and she didn't look too good. "I wonder if it has something to do with the command block," I thought.

Jesse Pov:

"I can't do this," I thought to myself. Then, that's when it all hit me like concrete (literally). I collapsed. I was already weak and it just begun," I thought to myself. I tried to push myself back up, but my legs were numb I couldn't feel them. So, this is what it feels like. Was this the same pain Petra felt or maybe this is different? Lukas was nearby, apparently he saw the whole thing and looked shocked, but he came over and gave me a helping hand. I wasn't 100%, but I still managed to get up. He helped me into his cottage, though it was painful just to walk. I couldn't hold on much longer I was becoming too weak. "Jesse, are you okay?" Lukas asked. I was caught off guard when he asked me this. "Y-yeah everythings fine," Jesse said. "I know your lying, Jesse just give it to me straight," Lukas said.  I sighed,"Lukas are you sure you want to know? Jesse said. "Yes, Jesse I do want to know," Lukas said. I put out my arm towards Lukas and looked into his ocean eyes. I could tell he was filled with explainable emotions as he examined my hand. How long has this been going on Jesse," Lukas asked. Sighing I said,"Ever since I took down the wither storm" I said while coughing. "Let's just keep it between us for now Lukas I don't want them worrying, especially if t-thers no cure," I said. Now tears in my eyes, "Okay." "Ok," Lukas said. Lukas put his hand on my shoulder comforting me and wiping my tears "Ok," he repeated over and over. "I must go now, I need to get some fire wood," Lukas said. "Don't go,"I pleaded, "Please," I said. "Your shivering, you need warmth," Lukas said. "N-no I don't,"I said. "Yes, you do,"he said. I knew he wasn't going to let me change his mind now.

Lukas Pov:

I walked out of the cottage with a worried expression on my face knowing that Jesse wasn't okay. Her face was slightly gray and her eyes are not what they used to be. I walked to the nearest tree while on the look out for any mobs, then I started getting some wood. 

Few minutes later

I finally got enough wood," I exclaimed. "I heard something probably just a zombie," I thought to myself. I pulled out my sword, expecting something. Nothing came, so I headed back to the cottage.

Jesse Pov:

I felt so weak, so powerless, even breathing was difficult. I sat down waiting for Lukas to come back any moment. Then, I fell asleep. Then, I was dreaming. I saw Lukas, Ivor, Petra, Axel, and Olivia fighting against all the monsters. Then, I noticed something, they formed a circle around me defending me from something much bigger than I had expected...