AWKWARD

Written by: maywardism

Prompter: Granny Anna Banana

---

Hellohen! Before anything else, I just wanna let y'all know that I'm not gonna let this day pass without greeting a HAPPIEST 21ST BIRTHDAYST TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE, MARYDALE ENTRATA! Also, HAPPY ANNIV, MES! Labyu. Hehe bear with my errors. x

---

I woke up to the sound of fallen shoes on the floor.

"Hey Miss, I'm leaving soon," said someone I barely recognized.

I opened my eyes and saw a shirtless man wearing pants. His body figure was to die for. He got good looks. No, he was perfect. What a lucky night you had, self.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"So, you got an amnesia on the day after?" he answered while buttoning his white sleeves.

Nevermind. I closed my eyes, trying to get back to sleep. "Anong oras na?"

"Quarter past five."

I quickly opened my eyes. I suddenly remembered my bestfriend's wedding. Shit.

I got up and gathered my clothes scattered on the floor.

"What? Are you gonna poop?" He laughed at his question. I didn't mind him I just walked away.

"Edward." He said before I reached for the doorknob.

"Ano?"

"The name's Edward. But my mum calls me Dong." I laughed at what he said. His nickname sounded so demure and innocent, totally not him last night.

"What's so funny?"

"Forget it." I said before leaving. "Bye, Dong."

I stopped myself from laughing. Seconds passed I went walking back to his room.

"Kotse ko?"

"Alchemy. We used my car last night. If you want I can..." A slam of door answered him.

Long-run in this side of life, waking up on a stranger's bed wasn't new to me. I had no time checking their profiles nor having conversations with them. No strings attached. Yeah, I was out of my mind. Or maybe, I didn't really want to admit that I was just afraid. I already experienced it. It was a long time ago and I don't wanna do the same again. I'm not history to repeat myself. I should learn from what happened to my parents, to their siblings, or from what I've watched in movies. Relationshit. Weddings. Whether how many times I've ranted about it, still my bestfriend didn't listen. She was going to be married today. Leche. Basta, I told her to not blame me if something bad happens.

I immediately got myself a cab down his condo. It was in Eastwood so it didn't take me much time getting one. I didn't notice it last night, though.

I went straight to my unit in Ortigas, took a quick bath and put my makeup on. I loved how black my outfit was. It was a fitted, backless gown with nets and pearls and some more details. And no, I was not being bitter. It was the wedding's theme. If only I could wear tees and jeans I swear...

Thirty minutes before start I arrived at the venue – a chapel somewhere in Manila. I told my bestfriend to have a beach wedding but being the bitch that she always was, she didn't even give my suggestion a single-digit percentage of chance. She said my ideas didn't matter at all since she didn't receive any words of encouragement and approval from me. Loka-loka. Of course she always have my support. If she's happy and she know it, clap her hands.