Chapter Nine: Road Trip?! (Part Two)

Začít od začátku

'It's loud and people keep looking at us.' I replied taking another sip of my drink.

“It happens.” I raised an eyebrow at his statement and all of a sudden a blonde girl took up residence right next to him.

She was probably as fake as anyone could get and she looked like a total slut. Seriously, her fake boobs were falling out of the skin tight red dress she wore. She also had terrible extensions. To say the least, I didn't like her. “Hey.” the bimbo said while rubbing his arm.

“Uh, hi.” Auric said looking very uncomfortable.

“So, how about you ditch your quiet girlfriend and lose the leather she makes you wear.” Blondie stated with what I think was supposed to be a seductive look that just made her look constipated.

“Actually I made her dress in the leather, she needed a change from her nerdy sweaters.”

'Hey, I love my 'nerdy' sweaters! Especially the one that says: you can fill your stomach with French fries but you're still empty as a person. It's an awesome sweater!'

“Never said it wasn't, but it's time to branch out from the sweaters.”

'Says the guy that always wears band shirts.'

“Dance with me.” he said.

“Okay!” Blondie yelled in her irritatingly nasally voice.

“Not you.” Auric said with an exasperated sigh and grabbed my hand dragging me to the dance floor.

Well, let's just say Auric found out something new about me. He kept laughing at my legitimate attempts at dancing. Yeah, this is why only my walls had seen me dance. I finally stopped trying and sat back down. We had been here for hours and it was nearly midnight. I was exhausted and nearly fell asleep in the booth I was sitting at. Auric noticed this and chuckled a little bit before lifting me up bridal style and carrying me to the car. I must have fallen asleep because I didn't remember anything after that.

~~~~

'Why exactly are we sitting on a street corner next to a strip mall?' I typed.

“Just wait her for ten minutes, I'll be right back with a surprise.” he said walking across the street to a pawn shop.

Exactly ten minutes later he walked with a guitar case. With a huge grin he walked back over to me. I raised an eyebrow and he just opened the case revealing a guitar. He took it out and left the case open on the sidewalk. People sent a few glances our way to see what we were doing. “Okay, pick a song.” he told me.

'What?' I typed.

“Pick a song, any song and if I don't know it pick another.” he said with a smile.

'...A Twist in My Story.' I replied and looked down with a slight blush.

“Alright.” he said and started to play the guitar, and then he started singing.

Slow down, the world isn't watching us break down

It's safe to say we are alone now, we're alone now
Not a whisper, the only noise is the receiver
I'm counting the seconds until you break the silence
So please just break the silence

The whispers turn to shouting
The shouting turns to tears
Your tears turn into laughter
And it takes away our fears

So you see, this world doesn't matter to me
I'll give up all I had just to breathe
The same air as you till the day that I die
I can't take my eyes off of you

I'm longing, for words to describe how I'm feeling
I'm feeling inspired
My world just flipped turned upside down
It turns around, say what's that sound
It's my heart beat, it's getting much louder
My heart beat, is stronger than ever
I'm feeling so alive, I'm feeling so alive

The whispers turn to shouting
The shouting turns to tears
Your tears turn into laughter
And it takes away our fears

So you see, this world doesn't matter to me
I'll give up all I had just to breathe
The same air as you till the day that I die
I can't take my eyes off of you

I'm finally waking up, a twist in my story
It's time I open up, and let your love right through me
I'm finally waking up, a twist in my story
It's time I open up, and let your love right through me
'Cause that's what you get

When you see your life through someone else's eyes
That's what you get, that's what you get

So you see, this world doesn't matter to me
I'll give up all I had just to breathe
The same air as you till the day that I die
I can't take my eyes off of you
So you see, this world doesn't matter to me
I'll give up all I had just to breathe
The same air as you till the day that I die
I can't take my eyes off of you

I had no words. I stood there motionless after he had finished. I hadn't even noticed I had been crying until he wiped my tears away. He pulled me into a hug and he just held me. “Why did you cry?” he asked me pulling away.

'...It was beautiful. First you're an amazing baker and now you can sing and play guitar. You never fail to surprise me Auric Reed the magical vampire.' I typed with a few stray tears escaping my eyes.

“How many times do I need to tell you that I'm not a vampire?”

'Until I finally admit you aren't one. At least you don't sparkle.'

He laughed at that and we walked back to the car. Apparently, I had been so focused on Auric that I hadn't realized people put money into the guitar case as he played. We then drove to a park and found a hobo. Don't ask me why, but we did and Auric woke him up asking why he was homeless and sleeping on a park bench. The homeless man had apparently been a veteran and ended up homeless after sustaining a back injury. His wife had also left him and took his son with her. I felt really bad for the guy and Auric being the amazing guy he is gave the homeless man all the money he had earned from his guitar playing. “Why are you giving me this?” the homeless man asked.

“Because I want to. Do people really need an explanation to be nice?”

“...I suppose not.” the man said with a smile.

We left a little after that and stopped at a gas station to refuel the car. I just stared at Auric. He was hands down the nicest guy in the universe. He caught me staring and I blushed and looked away. He was truly something else and I loved that about him.

He got back in the car a few minutes later and we were off yet again. We had about half a day left before we needed to find another motel and Auric had something planned. We ended up stopping at a thrift store. We walked inside and went straight for the clothes section. We each tried to find the most ridiculous outfit we could. I took pictures of each outfit because they were all monstrosities. We even wore them and had a walk off. I needed to get more film though, because the entire roll of film had filled with all of the pictures I had taken at the start of our road trip. I wanted to remember all of this.

I looked around the thrift store and magically found another roll of film for my Hassleblad 500 C/M. At least I didn't have to special order film this time. I bought five more rolls just in case and walked back over to Auric who was wearing a fake mustache and a monocle. I laughed and took a picture of him. As I was using the small hand crank on the side of my camera he stuck his tongue out at me. I laughed again and finished with my camera. I then proceeded to try on hats. One thing, never wear a floppy hat with a million feathers on it.

For some reason, we actually bought all of the stuff we tried on for no reason. Auric threw our new purchases into the trunk and we got back into the car continuing on with our journey. We still didn't know where were going but this was by far the best road trip ever.

~~~~

A/N: Okay, this is by far my favorite chapter so far. Auric is also full of surprises and I just love him he's so sweet. Anyway, the song on the side is what Auric sang for Isolde and I love that song. Also there's going to be a part three for the road trip because I can't end it yet. However, I have a question to ask you guys...would you like part three to have Auric's point of view or no? I was debating on this, so I decided to ask you guys. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did and vote, comment, and follow if you want...byeeeeeeeeeeee ^_^