Chapter 36: Take Me Down To Memory Lane

"I want a tattoo." Damian once said when we were only just mere friends.

"Heck nooooo don't you dare get one."

"Why not? What would you do if I did?"

"Ummm I don't know. Depends what it is."

He got up, dropping his phone and seconds later came back picking up his phone. A pen was between his fingers and I just scratched my head confused. Next thing I know it he took off his shirt and started to write the name 'Dani' across his chest.

What the fudge?????

I was internally going random letters and trying hard not to die. I tried so hard not to stare but my eyes went to his chest and my face went red when he wrote my name in pen across his chest.

"Best tattoo ever." He laughed.

Djxuydgsgehuhevekillmealready!!!!

"Oh wait I'm not done," He then added a plus and his name Dami. "Now it's complete."

Never would I have ever guessed my life to turn out the way it is now.

Ask me a few years back when I was only fourteen starting highschool and I would only nod and draw. My whole world involved just me and my drawings.

Art for me was my escape.

I would paint away my sadness and draw my feelings out.

Just like art, music was the same for me as well. The only instrument I knew to play was the keyboard. Even so bad, I would still play it and let it sooth my emotions.

Reading was also a huge deal for me. Books were my only friends at the time and  I would spend hours and everyday going to the library just to get books. It was my addiction and my getaway from reality.

I was such an introvert that speaking to humans made me mute for a few years.

Who would have guessed that same girl to ever speak again?

The day I finally spoke, people where amazed. I remember Owen was more than shock to hear my voice for the first time after so many years.

Heck since first grade.

Senior year was the year I finally decided to change.

I made enemies, felt heart broken, hated everyone, and was lonely. But I don't know at what point I decided to change all of that. Where did I left shy nerdy Danielle?

I would still be like that to this day if it wasn't for that bump in the hallway during my freshman year where I met Joe.

Even so Joe was one of my biggest mistakes, I wouldn't have met Rose and Kaitlynn who helped me defeat the evil Ana. I wouldn't have learned to defend myself and actually face my fears. Not to mention I wouldn't have experienced when it came to meeting new people.

Yes Joe was a mistake but that made me go through all of that bullshit just to be the real one who I am now.

And the new me couldn't be anymore prouder.