Chapter 7: Better Be Awake

September 24,16

I hate everything about him.

The way how he left without saying nothing.

Just like a coward.

I lay awake staring at the ceiling hoping that my life could be simple. Truth is, life itself isn't simple. Why must the human being suffer? Duh because humans, or in this case me, are mere of stupidity more than anything. We make mistakes and then we regret. Even so we try to fix things with a smile, deep down I'm just only picking the broken pieces. Pieces which leaves scars and cuts. I try to push my past away but my little dark heart wants something more.

Revenge...

I thought I did it already but I am not finished.

Not yet.

I close my eyes feeling the heavy of sleep fall on me. Everytime I sleep, I have nightmares. Nightmares that I wish I could fight back with all of my rage I have. I fist my hands together feeling sleep beating me once and for all.

***

"I'm just going to leave you just for a sec okay?"

"But dad-"

"Just a sec Danielle."

My father left me alone in the car. For some reason I was afraid of the dark. I adjusted my vision, seeing my father walk away into a gas station. I look everywhere hoping my father will hurry up soon. I turn back and froze as my eyes trailed down to someone's lips. All I could do was slightly frown as the person jumped to the driver's seat and faced me with a smile.

Where have I seen that smile before?

I was going to scream for help when suddenly the person's lips slammed into mine. I responded back not knowing what else to do and felt his lips. They were new, as in foreign to me.

I liked it.

I gasped as I realized what the hell I was doing. I took my gaze up to his eyes and felt my heart freeze.

"You?!" I gawked and pushed him away from me.

A bad boy's smirk crossed his lips.

"Miss me, Barbie?"

***

"No no no NO!" I gasped for air as I opened my eyes.

My poor heart was accelerating quickly making me breathe hard. I abruptly sat up and stared at my four walls. I yanked to the side my curtains to my window and stared outside. Outside the neighbor's son was cutting the yard.

Leo....

"Why the hell him?!" I mumbled as I stared out like a creepy stalker. I barely know that guy. We've been neighbors since I came to this pathetic town of Princeton. During the nine years of being neighbors, only two times have we had an encounter. Once was the time when a heavy snow fall hit our place. That day he invited me and my brother to play with him hide and seek. The last time we saw each other was like about two years ago when we had a basketball challenge at his place.

Ending me to slap him for calling me Barbie.

Leo stopped mowing the lawn and froze to stare at my window. I quickly shut my curtains, hoping that he didn't see me.

It's just a dream...just a dream.

I swore to hate him forever.

I peeked slightly through the curtains to see him back to mowing the lawn.

My shaking hand went to my face to the bridge of my nose. A little bump was formed on the bridge. Flashbacks of him kicking a soccer ball to my face made me winced. Sure I've been hit with soccer balls, footballs, even basketballs, but none ever broke  the bridge of my nose like Leo did to me that day. Even so it wasn't that noticeable, it still angered me that he did it on purpose and ran off like a coward.

And that was seven years ago.

Seven years ago that since then, I swore to hate him.

I sighed in annoyance and closed the curtains back. I let my eyes wander my room only to land on my calendar.

"How long will it be until I really forget you once and for all?" I get up from my bed and walked over to the calendar hanging from my door.

It was Joe's birthday today.

I grabbed a marker and stabbed the tip on the day making the marker bleed black.

"I hope to never see you ever again in my whole entire life. I swear." I smirked, trashing my calendar to the corner of my room as I layed back on the bed.

Maybe it's good he left.

It hurts less when I think about it.

The only thing left in my mind right now is, why the sudden dream of Leo?

If you can call it a dream that is.