Chapter 33: All The Good

December 25, 2017~

I hate shopping.

I don't know how many times I have to say it but it's true I just hate it. I have no patience whatsoever when it came to shopping. Especially when looking for gifts in the last minute for the people you care.

Years back I wouldn't be doing this.

I was going through the clothes rack finding the perfect gift for Rose. She has given me so many presents while I could only get her one or two. I'm definitely the worse friend of the year. Birthday, Valentines, my graduation, heck all the holidays there is, Rose always found something for me.

While I only could get her a stuffed unicorn for her birthday once.

This time though I was going to change. She has been the only friend to be with me for this long. And I have to hand it to her, she has lots of patience to handle me.

And I'm a lot to deal with.

While my parents were gone working, (yes they had to work on Christmas) I managed to escape for a few hours all to myself. I spent most of my hours with Damian and now before my day ended I was here shopping so I had an excuse just in case I got caught.

Besides Rose actually needed something.

I managed to buy lots for Rose and I was super excited that I survived.

It wasn't that bad I have to admit...it was kind of fun shopping.

I got her a jacket, a diary, some colorful pens, and a stuffed pig. But before I left the store my eyes caught something. Without checking the price I knew I had to get it, so I got it.

It was a gray hoodie just perfect for Damian.

*****

December 28, 2017~

"Hold up I left something in my car."

"Okay Princess." He chuckled as I ran out the door and came back. His eyes went round as I gently placed his hoodie on his bed.

"It's for you." I smiled.

"M-me?"

It didn't take him long to try it out. He removed the price tag and quickly tried out his new hoodie.

"I don't know what to say Princess. I'm speechless." He had the biggest smile ever.

"Merry late Christmas." I hugged him. "I would have given you earlier but it's never too late for presents."

"What did I do to deserve you?" He gave me a quick kiss and took a seat on his bed as I took mine next to him. "I feel real bad though."

"Why you say that?" I tilted my head to the side.

"First I owe you two hundred dollars and second I didn't get you anything." He looked down. "I suck being a boyfriend." 

"Hey don't say that." I gave him a small warm laugh. "The money is the least of my concerns and you definitely don't need to get me anything to be a good boyfriend. You're great just the way you are."

A few days ago he mentioned he needed money and that he was going to borrow some from a friend. The friend didn't lend him the money and that's when I offered to help. It took a while for him to accept my offer but eventually I convinced him. Heck I get paid and all I do is keep it under my bed for emergency situations and pay my phone bill every month. Unlike him, he has to worry about paying rent, buying food, helping his family in Mexico, and save money for rainy days when he can't work. Giving him the money was no loss for me. And getting presents is not important to me.

Let's just say seeing his dimple smile...it's the best gift ever for me.

*****

December 31, 2017~

A lot of good things happened to me this year.

As well for bad.

Mostly good though.

I finally got rid of Ana.

Made new friends on the way.

Graduated from LoserHigh.

And best of all found Damian.

All the bad things seemed little when I looked at all the good in my life. That once black heart I once had was replaced with a good one and I couldn't be anymore happier than to start a fresh new year.

I never waited for new year to come.

Usually I would sleep through it and wake up the next day like any other day.

What am I saying usually for?

Heck every year.

Never in my nineteen years have I ever stayed up for new year. For some reason though I wanted to stay up this time. My parents went to sleep really early and my brother as well. It was just me and my phone.

And boy was a excited to see what would happen.

All throughout the night I texted with Rose and stayed on Wattpad. While others were already partying or already in the new year with fireworks, I was stuck under my covers waiting for the new year to already come so I could sleep.

Suddenly, while being half awake, it struck twelve.

....

Nothing happened.

That's it?

I stayed up all night for what exactly?

I expected something big to happen. I don't know what exactly but it was just like any other night.

And just when I was about to call it for the night, my phone buzzed in my hands a second later.

"Happy New year Princess!"

At the sound of his voice, excitement lit up my body.

"Happy New Year to you too!" I whispered yelled in thrill.

"I wish you were here with me."

"Where are you?"

"At one of my cousin's party. I thought you were going to be asleep." He laughed.

"I wanted to see something exciting. And I got it. Now I'm definitely going to sleep."

Damian did make this way exciting.

"Alright princess," he chuckled. "I love you. A lot Princess. And believe it or not you mean the world to me. Thank you for coming into my life."

A happy tear slid out from my eye.

No guy has ever thanked me like that or for anything like Damian did.

"Thank me for what? Thank you for finding me."

If it wasn't for him to send me that message on Facebook, I would have never met him. I would probably still be playing second for the douche bag of Juan.

"Thank you for accepting me Princess. I don't know what I would be without you. Go to sleep love tomorrow is another day." 

And another year.