To Put Things Simple, I Love You: Embry Call Imprint - 16

Even after I said I'm not as 'in love' with him as he is with me..he still wants to go on a date? How sweet of him. Letting go of Connor might be easier than I thought. After all, how could any girl not love the attention and affection coming from a guy as wonderful as Embry? He's incredibly nice, loving, tall, and not to mention very handsome. Sure there are other things, but my train of thought isn't exactly at its clearest right now.

So without further delay, I answered his question "Of course I'll 'hang out' with you. Is this going to be like a date?" I looked up at him waiting for his reply.

"Well, yeah. Yes, a date."

"I can't wait."

I felt so safe in Embry's hold. Like he would let nothing happen to me, all by his one arm around my shoulder. I shivered slightly at the cool breeze that began to blow our way through the surrounding trees. Immediately noticing, he pulled me in even closer..if that were even possible. If the wind were able to get between us, it sure couldn't now.

I leaned my head into his chest, breathing in his scent.

Oh wow! He's so warm. Very, very warm. Hot even.

I stopped in my tracks and faced him, placing my arms at his sides. "Are you getting a fever?" I took my hand to his forehead, and retracted it immediately after feeling the scorching temperature of his head. "Oh my gosh, are you ok? We should call a doctor, Em, no one should be that hot!"

Ignoring my concern, he laughed.

Laughed! Seriously? This fever is making him crazy.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked, trying to hide my irritation.

"Because you called me hot. And I'm flattered Lana, but c'mon..who could resist. I'm fine though, I promise" He finished with a smirk.

I had to think back on what I just said to realise what he was talking about.

"Ha. Ha. You know what I meant. Are you sure you're ok?"

He just nodded.

"Lana," he said as he moved a strand of hair out of my face and tucked it away behind my right ear..causing goosebumps to rise on my skin "I'm fine. I assure you that there's nothing wrong with me. Ok?" His eyes penetrating the very depths of my soul.

I knew he was telling the truth, his eyes said everything.

He pulled me into a hug, a nice & warm hug. I wrapped my arms around his waist as I held myself close to him. I felt so safe in his arms, so secure. The rest of the world didn't seem to matter at that moment in time.

But I couldn't let things get out of hand..for my sake at least.

I just couldn't stand setting myself up for history to repeat itself, and watch it unfold infront of my eyes..especially if I have control over the situation. I can't risk getting hurt again, when the last wound is still very raw.

No.

I won't let that happen..not again.

I quickly pulled out of the hug.

"Lana, whats wrong?" Embry asked, confusion strewn across his face.

"Nothing.." I lied.

I smiled at him indicating I was fine, but he clearly knew I was lying.

Well of course he knows I'm lying, he's known me since..forever.

We stood there for what seemed like eternity, looking into each other's eyes, before Embry spoke up "we should probably hurry, your brother's might start to worry."

I nodded my head in agreement, and continued to walk. His arm still slung over my shoulders, and mine around his waist.

And even though I may be contradicting myself, I couldn't help but love the feeling of security being in his arms. Even though my heart and mind were telling me two different things, I just wanted to be in Embry's arms..even for just a moment.

***

"Aah..there you are. I was beginning to think you started your own bonfire..bailing out on us" Quil said from his seat near the fire. And yes as you've probably already guessed..we were in our 'usual' spot.

"And pass up on seeing you? Never!" I said, while faking a gasp at the end.

My favorite smile of Quil's stretched across his face.

This is the first time I'd seen anyone (other than Chris & Tom) since our little 'shindig' at the beach.

Apparently I wasn't the only one that noticed, because as soon as everyone was insight, Leah basically pounced on me.

"What the heck? You don't answer your phone anymore? Or do you not like me or something?"

Seeing as Leah had my undivied attention, Embry walked over to join the boys around the fire.

"Uh..sorry? My mind was pre-occupied with some..uh, things" I said..failing horribly at trying to find an excuse as to why I would decline to go with my brothers whenever everyone hung out.

"Don't lie to me Lana..whats up?" Leah persisted.

"Nothing, I'm fine..promise" I gave her the fakest, toothy grin I could muster, before she finally gave up and dragged me to the circle.

The only seat available was next to Jacob, across from Embry.

Cool.

"Well well well...look who finally decided to grace us with her presence" Jake said..extra loud.

"Hmm" was all I was able to get out.

Sure Jake had forgiven me about the scheme to get him dunked in the water viciously by Jared and Quil..of course only after he had the pleasure of experiencing 'buttweed' first hand. But I just wasn't really in the mood to try to explain to anyone, again, that I was ok.

Jake just looked at me with understanding eyes, and didn't bring it up again.

My brothers on the other hand...not so much.

They looked at me like they knew exactly what was going on. Almost like they had a clear view of my thoughts.

*Tom's POV*

Something isn't right with my sister. I've seen that look before..

Her eyes are haunted with memories from the past. A past that hurts. I hated not knowing what was happening with her, I wanted to help her, but she wouldn't tell me anything. This was the first time in two weeks that she's agreed to leave the house. Instead she chose to stay home whenever any of us went somewhere, and her excuse was that she just wanted her room to be ready before the entire summer was gone, then she'd have to drag it on into the coming school year. Even though she insisted that she was fine..I knew she wasn't. Something was bugging her, hurting her even..and I couldn't stand it. She's my baby sister for crying out loud, and I want to be able to protect her and comfort her, no matter what. She's not letting anyone in, and that hurts. I want her to understand that whatever it is, she can always come to me. The problem is..she doesn't. And it kills me to see that she thinks she can't let anyone help her.

Just let me help.

*End Tom's POV*

|♥|

~A/N: Let me know what you think of it by leaving a comment below ↓↓↓↓~