To Put Things Simple, I Love You: Embry Call Imprint - 5

"FOR NARNIA!" I call as Tom pretends to be a centaur.

"C'mon dude, pick those knees up!

We'll reach there by midnight at this rate."

"Sorry..I can't really go fast, since there's a moose on my back and all.." He teases.

"A MOOSE?!?" I scream, getting off his back.

"Bahahaha" Chris cries out, holding his sides.

"Sheesh Lanz, you know I'm kidding.." Tom adds, tryin to sound apologetic.

And I knew he was kidding, but I just like giving him hell.

Man I'm evil.

"Yeah ok. Hey, I see them. At least I think that's them." I say squinting, trying to get a better look at the group of people a fair distance away from us down the beach.

We just cleared the trees as our feet moved from soil to sand.

As we move closer to them, I can make out which one of them is Leah.

The rest..eh, not so much.

They looked like Tom & Chris, yet at the same time, they didn't.

I place my arms around my brothers backs..and they do the same with me.

"Remember," Chris whispers in my ear, "get too close with any dude, and they're done."

"Yes Dad." I reply sarcasticly.

Then both he and Tom give me a smile. The kind that loving older brothers give to their sisters to let them know how much they cared, and that they'd always be there for me, no matter what.

"Lana, over here!" Our attention is shifted as Leah calls over to us.

We're about seven feet away from them when suddenly Tom says, "No way! Leah Clearwater?"

Leah looks closely, then exclaims "TOM COMBS??"

They run towards each other and hug.

"Oh my gosh, it's been so long! How are you doing?" She says.

"I'm great, and yourself?" Tom replies.

"I'm awesome..now." Leah says with a smile on her face. "Lana you didn't tell me your brother was Tom." Her attention shifts to me.

"I didn't know you guys knew each other. School friends I'm guessing?"

I sheepishly ask.

"Yeah um, I guess that's why I didn't know who you were, coz you probably used to hang with my brotherSeth and them, huh." Leah says.

"Seth is your brother?? Damn..I didn't know that."

Wow, this is so cool.

"Well come on, lets go say hi to the boys." Leah says, leading us to the group of boys..all of which were trying to start a fire.

It looked like they always came here. The fire pit was thoroughly worn in, a perfect bed of ashes.

The old logs bleached from the sea placed in an almost perfect circle, enough seats for everyone present and then some.

"Hey freaks, I've got some friends I'd like you to meet." She calls to the six boys crouched around the tiny fire.

"Guys, this is Tom, Chris and Lana. Tom and I have been friends from before they left for New Jersey. And I just met Lana and Chris today."

She turns to us as she continues, "I'll let the guys introduce themselves."

*Embry's P.O.V*

I look up from the fire to see what Leah's going on about.

Standing next to her are two guys, one of them around her age, the other looks about a year younger.

And a girl. Not just any girl. It was her.

The one who made my world revolve around only her. The only thing keeping me connected to this world. I felt this bond forming between us, one that can never be broken.

I had just imprinted.

It felt like I had known her my whole life, yet she stood before me a stranger.

I wasn't really paying attention to what Leah was saying. I never really do.

Of course that all changed when she said her name while introducing these three new comers.

"Guys, this is Tom, Chris and Lana. Tom and I have been friends from before they left for New Jersey. And I just met Lana and Chris today."

It was her. My childhood best friend that had moved away when we were eleven years old.

Six years later and she's back.

Lana Combs. My imprint. My Lana.

Of course I can't just walk up to her and be like "Hi Lana, remember me? We're going to be together forever..and I kinda just fell in love with you."

'Course not Em, get a grip on yourself.

Play it smooth, play it slow.

Gosh she's so beautiful.

Does she remember me? Does she even know my name anymore? Is she even single?

Shit.

So many things to break past.

I couldn't really hear everyone else introducing themselves..for the second time.

All the screams and hugs were a blur.

Everyone seeing each other again after six years.

Big deal.

Huge.

She looked so fragile in everyone else's arms. It's either that or everyone of us is just freakishly large.

"Dude..you alright? Earth to Embry!! HELLOOO?" I quickly snap out of it as Jacob is waving his hand in front of my face.

"Lana you remember Embry right?" Jake continues.

"Like duh! How could I forget my best friend?" She says, her smile is stretching from ear to ear.

Her voice. I swear my heart skipped a beat.

"Hey!" The other boys chime in. "What about us?"

"Aw, you guys too." Lana says in a sympathetic voice.

Just then she jumps up and hugs me. Yeah jumps. I'm that much taller than her.

Not that she's short..just that I'm taller than she is.

"EMBRYYY!" She screams in my ear.

As piercing as that was, words can't describe how I felt when she said my name.

If only she knew.

"Hey Lana," I say, bringing her in for a tighter hug.

"Man I missed you. Why didn't you tell me you were coming back? SIX YEARS! No call, nothing?" I say in a fake angry voice.

I set her down and she looks at me with sincere sorrow in her eyes.

Don't be sad. I'm only joking.

Now look what you've done.

No wolf I know would've been able to look into the eyes of their imprint and take the pain and sorrow that I was forced to endure at that moment.

She was sorry..that much I knew.

"I'm sorry Em, I know that nothing I say can make up for the lack of communication..but I'm here now, and we've got so much to catch up on."

"It's ok..come here" I hug her again.

Taking in her scent, I can feel her heart beating fast. In sync with mine.

*End Embry's P.O.V*