To Put Things Simple, I Love You: Embry Call Imprint - 24

Please don't forget to..

««««« VOTE «««««

                                                                       ▒▒▒▒♥▒▒▒▒

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lana.

Lana.

Lana.

My name rang in my ears. Why couldn't I snap out of it? I mind was drowning in a sea of crystal blue, my consciousness kicking to break through the surface. I blinked my eyes rapidly until I realized that I was staring into the eyes that once was my everything. The eyes that could peel away all my defenses if he just looked hard enough.

I cleared my throat before speaking, not wanting to risk my voice cracking. "C-..Connor?" I could hardly believe the words coming out of mouth. Why was he here? HERE, of all places on Earth. I felt Embry, Jacob, and Quil step closer to me, Seth standing almost in front of me.

Note to self: love these boys as long as I live.

"Hi Lana" a weak smile tugged at the corner of his lips. "How've you been?"

How've I been? How've I been!?!? Was he seriously asking me this question after HE was the one that left me standing in the park with tears streaming out of my eyes and down my face?

But before I could open my mouth to say anything, Jake piped up, "she's good, great even."

Connor momentarily turned to eye the four boys..who looked more like grown men..up and down. "Who are your friends?" I hated how he tried to carry on a conversation acting like it was nothing, having him break my heart. Shattering it. Stepping on it and walking away, no remorse.

As if on cue, Embry stepped forward. "My name is Embry, this is Jacob, Quil and Seth. Who are you?" The tone of his voice was menacing, hard, and brutal. If I were Connor and his friend, whoever this dude he was with was, I'd be shitting myself. Heck, I almost shit myself. This was a side of Embry I have never seen.

I could almost see the waves of head bounding off of the boys as they stood around me in what seemed like a protective circle.

"Yeah, Connor, I've been fine. How...why..what are you doing here?"

"I'm here visiting my cousin Alex and his family for the summer. I could ask you the same thing, but I don't want the bicep brigade killing me with their eyeballs alone" again, he eyed the boys up and down.

"That would be me" the guy standing next to him said, feebily waving a hand at us.

I'm guessing that's Alex.

I felt Embry stiffen next to me. I placed my hand on his arm in an attempt to calm him down. Or at least stop him from pouncing on Connor and pounding him into a pile of...something.

Thankfully, it worked. Sorta. I hope.

Connor gave me the once over. Not in a creepy, pervy, pedophile-rapist way though.

I was frozen on the spot, not even sure what to do, or what else to say.

"We should be heading back now, Lana?" Quil put his hand on my back, gently nudging me forward. Thankful for the lifeline, I started walking forward, ready to be rid of this, situation.

But just before I walked through the doorway, I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders, turning me around. "Lana, wait! Will I..can I talk to you? Can we talk? Alone?" his blue eyes searching mine, and to be quite honest I'm not sure I had an answer to give him. "Please?" his eyes were now not only searching mine, but pleading.