"Well, I don't think I know him, but I have seen the Tattoo on his back before." I replied.

"Gertrude's stamp. It's how she controlled him." Sorrel said while shaking her head.

"So.......he is in fact my mate?" Cira asked. Sorrel and i looked to each other, then to Cira, whom was looking back to her children. All of whom were sleeping soundly.

"Yes Cira, and I know by what I heard upstairs that he wants nothing more than to be with you." Sorrel replied. Suddenly, the sound of the elevator starting up caught all of our attention. We watched it slowly come to our level and open, reveling a man about 6 foot tall wearing a bandanna around his face so that it hid everything from the bottom of his eyes down.

"Sorrel, Katlyn. Gertrude wants you two put on the big tub." The man said while motioning for us to enter the elevator.

"WHAT!!! That's Carter's work!" Sorrel yelled in surprise. She was obviously unhappy.

"Hey, don't kill the messenger." The guy replied, causing Sorrel to sigh.

"Well be back soon Cira. Come on Katlyn." with that we went to the elevator and rode to the next floor where we got off and walked to a large open room with an even larger dog food bowl like object in the middle, obviously the bathtub. The ground as covered with hay and the bathtub was covered both inside and out by what looked to be green slime.

"They don't even care to keep it clean. Instead they dump that responsibility on us." Sorrel angrily stated.

"Where do we even start?" i asked, looking around the room with a confused expression.

"I guess with the floor." She replied before grabbing 2 brooms and handing one to me.

"OK then." I replied before beginning to sweep. After nearly an hour of constant sweeping, we finally managed to clear the floor of hay and were left with a large pile of it by the door.

"Well, now that that's done, we can move onto the tub." Sorrel panted.

"OK." I replied.

"But first," she said before disappearing out the door, leaving me in the room by myself for a good 5 minutes. She returned with a pale full of small wooden planks. Each had a hole in the top and covered in different writing that I could not read.

"Come here and I'll teach you to work the water." She called as she walked to a part of the wall. Deciding to do so, I walked to her side as she hit the wall, causing a small panel to open. Inside the panel was a cable with a clip dangling inside.

"OK. First you take the clip and attach it to the cable like this." She said as she grabbed one of the wooden planks and attached the clip. After doing so, she pulled the cord down and released it, causing it to fly toward the ceiling with a click.

"This goes to Kamajie (ka-ma-jee) The boiler man, and he sends the water." As she finished, a large ramp like object appeared from the wall and moved over the tub.

"OK, once this is done, you  pull the cord to start the water." she said as she walked to the rim of the tub and removed a small cord from the ramp. I followed her and when I reached the top she motioned for me to grab the cord. After slipping and almost sliding down the side of the tub's slick surface, I managed to reach the cord and gave it a firm tug. Water immediately began to pour from the wall, down the ramp, and into the tub. The steam coming from the hot water filling the air and causing my skin to tingle all over.

"Now when the tub fills, you just pull the cord to stop the water." She said before slowly walking down the side of the tub.

"I'm going to get us some food. You can let go of the cord now." she said before leaving. I watched her leave and slowly let go of the cord, smiling at the fact that I was learning things I never thought I would. The water was cloudy, but left a great scent in the air, making me feel calm, and vibrant. I stood, starring at the water for a while. Taking in all the great feelings that it gave off. Suddenly, a strong, horrid scent filled the air, and i immediately drew my hands to my nose. This attempt didn't stop the scent from hitting my nose, and I began to gag.

"Katlyn, Gertrude want's to speak to you." a voice said from the doorway. I looked to the door to see a man holding his nose and motioning for me to follow him. I nodded in reply and took a step toward him, immediately slipping on the slick surface of the tub. I fell to the floor with a thud, causing the man at the door to laugh. I rose to a sitting position and began to quickly rub the back of my head before standing and following him to Gertrude whom was standing at the entrance to the bridge that ran from the mountain almost half a mile away to the side of the bathhouse.

"Here she is mistress." the man said to her before bowing and walking away.

"Katlyn," Gertrude began

"There is something coming, but I'm not sure what. I want you to stay with me until i know what exactly it is." She stated, pointing down the bridge where lights could be seen. The lights were going out every second or so as they neared us. It was as if something was walking down the bridge, shutting the lights off as they neared us. I could not stop myself from growing afraid, and I began to shake. Suddenly, the figure of a creature began to emerge from the darkness. I was shaking violently now, and pulled my arms to my chest in attempt to hide my fear but to little effect.

'Oh God, please don't be something bad.' I whispered to myself as the figure came into view.