Chapter 39 What Is So Special About You

Mulai dari awal

"Come on, don't ignore me. Nothing out there is as interesting as me." Jane reached over and grasped Xiao Yan's chin. Xiao Yan realized that Jane had a power that was difficult to refuse. He didn't use physical force, just his wit and charm bent the earth for him. Looking into his eyes, he was drawn in by his exquisitely expressive face and captivating demeanor.

"If you are trying to get closer to Casey by attaching yourself to me, it is useless." Xiao Yan locked eyes with Jane, no matter how teasing those eyes were, his expression remained firm.

Jane laughed easily. "Why do you assume I like Casey? I just find him interesting when he is angry. What do I need to do to catch your attention?"

"Well who you like is your business Colonel Wallace. Now, can you let go of my chin?"

Jane released him.

The car stopped outside of his dorm and Xiao Yan headed through the entrance and walked up to his apartment door. He scanned his fingerprints and the door slid open, the cold wind was shut outside as it slid closed.

He had just sat down on the couch when the door to his apartment opened again.

Jane sauntered in and inspected everything in the room with an enthusiastic curiosity.

"Huh, so this is the researchers' apartments. You really do have more technical equipment than in our special forces apartments."

"How the hell did you get in?" Xiao Yan angrily stood up. He had a fingerprint lock, and Jane had not appeared to force his way in.

Jane stretched out his fingers and wiggled them in an exaggerated manner. "Didn't I tell you that you are under my supervision. That means your apartment, your research room...I can access all of them."

Xiao Yan looked at Jane's hand and security clearance. It appeared that was the case. His groaned in frustration,

"I am not an important person, why did they send you to supervise me?"

"I am also curious as to what is so special about you."

Trying to figure out what the higher ups were thinking simply wastes brain power and ends with no answer. From his experience, ignorance was bliss. That was Xiao's life philosophy.

"Fine. Go where you want, but listen if you cause trouble for me at work... or elsewhere... I will make you..."

"Oh, what are going to make me?" Jane walked to Xiao Yan's desk.

There were several books piled on top of it. Jane grabbed one and flipped through its pages randomly. His back is straight and his muscles are tightened vigilantly, but his face is calm and relaxed.

"I wouldn't have thought you would like such antiques." He closed the book and roughly threw it onto the desk.

"Hey, be more careful would you. That is paper."

Xiao Yan anxiously rushed forward to see if Jane had damaged the book. When he looked up he saw that Jane had plucked a red leaf from the pages without him noticing. His fingers traced over the veins of the dead foliage.

"Nice leaf." Jane lowered his head and then poked at the little hermit crab that Xiao Yan had in a small terrarium. The poor guy shrank into its shell and shook its tiny pinchers at Jane.

"It is a Maple Leaf." No such plant existed in the Shire. That leaf was the first Xiao had seen.

"I don't know what it is called, but if seems like something you would like."