Chapter 8

"Ah! Now, this feels like home" Faven sighed at the first glimpse of their cafeteria.

Dya chuckled, Ethan shook his head and went to get something for their table.

Fay satisfyingly stuffed her face with a double cheeseburger and cream latte. There was a sharp twinge on her ear that brought Faven back to reality. She held the hand that was wrecking pain on her and stood up as motioned by it.

"Ah ah ah ah aha ah!" Fay let out a pleading whimper.

"Out. Now." Kendra hissed.

"Hey!" Dya protested.

That's right bitch! Girl's got friends now! Just when Fay smirked at the thought, Ethan gave Dya a look and then turned back to Kendra

"Drag your damaged goods out" Eth held up his hands in surrender.

"Ethan, you little...ow oww ow" Fay wanted to trash Ethan but Ken's hold was getting tighter by the second.

"Alright, alright..." Faven gave up and let herself be dragged by her ear and when they were finally out.

"Kendra, let go! It hurts." Fay reasoned.

Kendra released Fay and rubbed her hand behind her neck in frustration. Faven knew exactly what was this about, so she didn't dare ask. Her silence did not do any good though...

"A teacher...A teacher??!!" Kendra screeched.

"You had to humiliate a TEACHER?!!"

Humiliate? ... What is with people and Perspectives?

Of course, Fay knew better than to argue "the point" with Kendra. So, she just...

"I was just asking him a question. Ya know, nicely" Fay gingerly picked at her fingernails.

"Nic...?... Listen up young lady, I am not repeating High school with you" Ken has had enough.

"Hey! I do-" Fay was cut off before she even began to defend herself.

"Please stop with the 'I do what I want' crap. You couldn't blast a dreamy voice this morning, but you gladly paraded about assaulting your almost-40yr-old professor?!" Kendra held up a hand. "That's it, this is where I draw the line."

"Woah ho! He got his fill, alright" Fay almost scoffed. But she didn't dare...

"Proud, are we?" Ken crossed her hands.

I am! ...But, after all these years? Fay knew better than to say that out loud. She bit down her unruly tongue and kept her head down.

All of a sudden, Kendra's stern voice turned in to a soft giggle. Perplexed, Fay looked up to see a Humpty hand wrapping, Ken. Kendra didn't flinch or jump out in surprise because she was so used to being around him that he almost became a part of her.

"Jared!... I didn't know you were in town" Fay half blinked.

"Welcome back..." Ken cooed in his ears. So... She didn't know either...

"I came ahead of schedule in hopes of surprising what's mine" Jared looked fondly over Ken.

"But apparently that is an art I will never master" With a smirk he pecked Ken's neck and they both giggled into each other's arms like the love-sick couple they were.

Faven watched them with her jaw hanging ten stories below average. Ken and Jared have known each other...forever. Fay can't even remember the first time they had met him. Look at them...her Bubble-Buster has become an actual bubble in a baby bath. The joy in the air was not only intoxicating but it was also something that Fay has never experienced. It was mind-boggling and impossible for her to comprehend. Faven wanted to smile at them but she just couldn't...

And for the first time, Fay found herself unable to describe what she was feeling. How does this make her feel, what was the word she was looking for... unsettling...?