4~💘Fated Lovers?

I'm back and I'm better- in Bryson Tiller's voice.

So I managed to get inspired again to continue the story so yass...

THIS IS AN UUUUPDAAAAATE- in Oprah's voice.

I'll edit later

So like I said before I'm on some throwback shit. I thought Tamia's Officially Missing You fit so perfect.

~*~

         Isis gazed into the mirror. Her eye had completely gone down and she was glad to look herself again. Trent's words because I love you reverberated in her head. Why does he love Her? She hasn’t done anything for him to love her. Sure they had a sizzling connection but love… it was too soon for that. Plus she didn’t even know him all that well. Ironic considering she planned to let him deflower her.
           She went through the rest of the contents he brought for her and decided to look pretty for him. Isis smeared a little bit of blush across her cheeks and brushed on a single coat of mascara. She combed and blow dried her hair, leaving the thick tresses around her shoulders. The burnt orange halter mini dress looked perfect with the bronze highlighter that tinged her skin. She was glowing.
“Trent,” Isis called as she searched for him. A letter sat upon the kitchen island.
                      Be back later,
                                T
What was she supposed to do until then? A knock on the door made her jump. “T,” a very deep voice called from the other side of the door. It sounded similar to Trent's. “Are you home, man?” Rushing to the door, she gazed through the peep hole. Her mouth dropped to the floor. A very gorgeous man who looked exactly like Trent stood there, except he was clean shaven with a crew cut and wore a suit and tie. His demeanor was easy and calm. There was a certain charm to him. “Look if you're mad I found you… you know you can’t hide from me. I’m good at finding people.”
      This must be the family he doesn’t talk to she guessed. Isis put on her best smile and opened the door. “Hi,” she said. The man looked stunned for a moment. Then his diamond eyes narrowed as they scanned her from feet to head. He remained quiet not saying a word, just observing. She felt awkward and… well more awkward. “I’m Isis.”
“Pretty girl,” he murmured more to himself.  He folded massive arms over his chest. He was large just like Trent. “You look awfully young”- his lips twitched-“what has brother been doing? Robbing the cradle, I’m sure.”
Isis placed a hand on her hip. “I’m eighteen,” she didn’t mean to sound so surly but his words irritated her.  “Old enough to consent.”
He did laugh this time. “Thanks for telling me. I was beginning to worry. May I come in? Of course you can, Mr. Jericho,” he mocked in falsetto. He squeezed pass her and she got a whiff of his aftershave more than she cared to- not that it didn’t smell good. “Damn, my brother never did have style,” he took in his surroundings. “I had to dress him high school.”
         Isis laughed. He sure was annoying. “I’m sorry about my manners. Jericho James.” He extended one big hand. As she placed her hand in his, he brought her knuckles to his lips, planting a brief kiss.
“Trent's not here.”
He sighed. “Do you know where he might be?”
She shrugged. “You could call him and ask.”
“Trust me if I could get a hold of him I wouldn’t be here. He has a habit of... disappearing.” Jericho stroked his chin, deep in thought. Isis piped up. This was her chance to get to know Trent a little better. She slightly limped into the kitchen- now able to maneuver around without much pain- to fix Jericho a drink. She sat a glass of iced tea on a coaster. Her mother taught her hospitality and also how to cook. Isis was a great cook. After Jacqueline died, she was forced to cook for her father and brother, two fucking slobs that never cleaned up after themselves.
     He took a sip of the iced tea. “So what are you doing with my brother?” Jericho beat her to the punch. He was curious about the girl. How much did she know of Trent’s situation- the fact he was going through a divorce and had a son? Trent had far more than baggage. Not very many women would stick around. Carla didn’t, but that woman endured a lot. He suppose Trent wasn't upfront with Miss China Doll.
She smiles a very pretty smile. Her eyes glazed over with love. Damn she had it bad but he could bet she didn’t see herself. “He saved my life. Now it’s my turn. I get to ask a question.”
He quickly put his hands up in defense. “Look, whatever questions you have, save it for Trent. I’m not breaking guy code just cause I probably like you.”
~*~