Chapte 10: Secrets within the Temple

Chapter 10:

Secrets Within The Temple

The next morning I awoke to find Kohei gone and a note on my pillow. I found it somewhat strange that he hadn’t woke me up in the morning, but shrugged it off as unimportant. Reading the note left me even more assured.

‘Auntie I have gone with Zuko and Aang for a fishing trip. They said that I should spend some time with guys for once. Don’t worry I’ll contact you if we get into any trouble. Have a god day.

With Love Kohei.’

Going down stairs I found the dorms deserted and outside was oddly quite as well. What is going on here? It’s not time for Furuka to visit yet I know that, so what else would get everyone out of the dorms at once? Just then there was a knock at the door jolting me out of my thoughts.

“Hi can I help you?” I asked as I opened the door to a stranger.

“Yes I’m looking for a girl named Sia. Master Lein sent me to find her for him,” the young boy said.

“Well you found her then I’m Sia. What does Lein want?”

“He asked me to bring you to our temple, mentioned something about if you didn’t he’ll make sure Aang knows the truth about you,” the boy added puzzled.

“Alright then looks like I have no choice lead the way….” I stopped just realizing I had forgotten to ask the boy what his name was.

“Paku miss,” he filled in for me.

“Thanks Paku now just lead me to Lein, but as soon as you bring me to him leave alright our confrontation is bound to be ugly,” I warned him.

So I followed Paku in the direction of the Palace were the Air Temple had been hovering the other night for Aang’s birthday. Why is Lein going so far to get me to see him though? Instead of asking Paku to see what he knew I just followed him in silence and made sure the people tracking us wouldn’t be able to move for a while. Hopefully no one has found out my secret just yet.

Finally after what seemed like hours, but was really only half an hour Paku and I were at the base of the Air Temple. Instead of waiting for Paku to call any bison to us I just summoned a fog around the palace and flew up to the Temple. The boy had been left behind in the fog and I found I preferred it that way as I travelled through the Temple to where I knew Lein would be.

Since he already knew who I was I spared the niceties when I neared the private library doors and just blew them open with gusts of air. In the room as I had suspected was a smirking old Lein who although his physical appearance has changed drastically his eyes still reflected the same spirit as before. His smirk soon faded though as I had him trapped in a vortex of wind and sand.

“Lein I really don’t appreciate being blackmailed into visiting you know, especially not after everything I did for you and the Air Nomads when we were children,” I hissed at him.

“I’m sorry Siria, but you denied knowing me at all yesterday. I thought you didn’t want anything to do with me,” he managed to cough out from within the vortex.

“I didn’t talk to you because Aang doesn’t know that I’m Siria, and until yesterday he had no clue that we were twins. I know you recognized me, so haven’t you thought that there is a perfectly good explanation to why I haven’t told Aang who I am? Doing things like what you have will get me killed which could mean the Spirits will become angry,” I told him before using the wind to throw him across the room before I released him.

“I’m sorry Princess, but we chose you and your descendants as our rulers the day that you saved us all from our deaths. Please don’t be mad Princess,” he begged me.

“Lein I am the Niece of Fire-Lord Sozin I was supposed to be his successor, there is no way that I can become the ruler of the Air Nomads without putting my life in danger People in this era already know me as a firebender if they find out that I’m more than that they may harm me and Aang. So Lein do not ask this of me again,” I told him fiercely.

“On one condition you let those of us who survived and know who you are celebrate your birthday with you,” he heckled.

“Fine, but only those who know,” I sighed as I gave in.

“Thank you Siria follow me then everyone is waiting for you,” he smiled.

Well following him I saw something on the wall that made me stop dead in my tracks. It was a door to a room with a picture of Narma and Yue. How would the hidden temple have this here? Does that mean that the Surviving Air Nomads know that I am the Dragon Bender? Noticing that Lein was fare ahead I opened the door to the room and saw a very disturbing sight. In the room was an ancient prophecy on a stone tablet and it read:

The second generation twins of the Avatar and the Dragon Bender will suffer a curse due to the actions of Yue and Celeste. One will be the savior of the world from a terrible world, and the other with her lost loves death on her hands will turn into a monster. As soon as the man she pledged her heart to passes on she will turn into a half dragon half serpent monster and kill her twin by devouring him. If she finds a way to save the man she loves from dying then the world will live on as it has, if not the worlds destruction will come about and it will be at the fault of the twins. However if the Dragon Bender does not find true love by her 20th birthday she will die in front of those she loves seen as a betrayer to them all. Only her actions can save her, only her power, no one else can break the curse set because Yue believed for a short while that Celeste would betray her. If they get through it though the other generations of twins will be able to live in peace and harmony instead of destruction and despair.

“Siria why are you in here?” Lein asked panicking.

“This room called for me as one of the two portrayed in this prophecy, but if its true there is no way that I can save Aang unless to ask you to kill me,” I begged Lein.

“Why?” he asked confused.

“Because I fell in love ninety-five years ago, and my Furuka doesn’t have much time left in this world. The moment he dies I must die, or I will kill everyone I love,” I sobbed out to Lein.

“I’m sorry Princess, I didn’t know,” Lein said sadly his face full of a bottomless pit of sadness and despair.

“I have to leave Lein,” I said abruptly as I called out my wings and flew from the temple.

I have no other options then what I told Lein, unless if I can find a way to return to my time, or something. In a few days Furuka was arriving here, and I’d once again have to face the man I had promised to marry so many years before. Would he recognize me, or think his mind was going crazy? What if I can’t recognize him it has been ninety-five years after all? Those thoughts floated through my mind as I flew away. What will Furuka’s visit bring? Will I find out how to cheat the prophecy or am I doomed before I even start?

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Author's note: sorry that this chapter is so short, but Furuka wil be in the next one so it will be longer. This is just mainly a filler chapter. Thanks to everyone who has fanned me, or read this story I really appreaciate it :)