Chapter 7: My Past With The Sun Warriors

Chapter 7:

My Past With The Sun Warriors

The weekend started and I was supposed to be meeting up with Zuko today, but instead I am travelling to the Sun Warriors temple. When Zuko told me of his adventures with the group he’d mentioned how the Sun Warriors had many traps, and the picture they came across of a Sun Warrior and two dragons. I believe that picture is of Yue with the dragons who raised her and Celeste, either her or Zya. In my opinion the Sun Warriors are the direct descendants of Yue and that the dragons somehow taught the Fire Nation bending well Sun Warriors are born with the gift directly. The Sun Warriors are so natural at bending because they are descendants of a Spirit Dragon and Yue.

When Zuko showed me the dragon dance I had a vision of a woman of the Sun Warriors with Zuko in Fire Nation garb. I believe that Zuko’s mother is a Sun Warrior making Zuko a direct descendant of Yue. It would also mean that we are related in more than one way because my mother was the daughter of an airbender and a Sun Warrior. I can tell that Zuko isn’t Ozai’s son he’s missing the distinct aura of his father or grandfather, he has Iroh’s aura. I think Zuko’s real father is Iroh and that is why his mother was sent away because Ozai suspected that she hadn’t been faithful to him, but Zuko bore the Royal mark and looked like him so Ozai believed Zuko was his son.

Being careful I drew fog in around the palace, so as not to be seen when I fly off with Cata. If Zuko knew where I was going he would want to come, and the Sun Warriors might accidently reveal my true identity to Zuko. I used Earthbending as my eyes and airbending as my ears and snuck into the compound. Cata, Mika, and Kyro sensed me instantly and came to greet me with kisses. Unfortunately Appa is here and he might raise an alarm when Cata and I leave. I had to take the chance though and I got Cata equipped to go leaving Mika and Kyro with Appa we flew into the sky heading towards the Sun Warriors home.

We travelled for hours on end without a break I feared someone would come after me realizing who and what I truly am. The last time I met with the Sun Warriors was the day I gave Ran to them keeping her egg hidden because I knew it wouldn’t hatch for a long time. I was ten when I gifted Ran to them as a mate for Cha their other master. I told them in the future Iroh would realize the true meaning of Firebending and come to face the masters when he remembered that my dragon disappeared he’d remember that I protected her with my life. At the time I hadn’t meet Gyatso yet and I didn’t know the reason I was different, but I had a deep connection with the dragons that connected me with them enough so I actually talked to Ran. Ran was sad when I left, but understood that I was doing it to protect her from Sozin and my nephews.

Finally the familiar temple came into sight and I sent Cata back home I’d find my own way back. Taking a longer route would help me think about what I would learn from the Sun Warriors none would recognize me, but I had brought with me an ancient bracelet. When I brought Ran to them I was given a Sun Warrior bracelet to identify me when I was older as the one who brought Ran to them, or as my descendant who I trusted with the secret. I had to sneak into my room at the palace to acquire it again. Before anything though I want to see Ran again she may be older by over a hundred years since the last time I saw her, but we will still have our psychic connection.

Walking along the overgrown path memoires of the day I left Ran behind came right into my mind. I had just heard dad and Uncle Sozin talking about how they’d explain Ran’s death to me after they killed her. After hearing that I ran away and searched for over a month for the Sun Warriors half dead when I found them.

Flashback:

“Hey is she dead,” I heard a voice say and then felt someone poking me in the side with a stick hearing a growl come from above me followed by screams.