Chapter 2: A Different World

Chapter 2:

A Different World

I decided that I might as well go back and convince father and uncle to let me marry Faruka. Climbing off of Cata's back I went to the edge of my cave and what I saw shocked me. I was no longer near my home and the world in front of me was so different.

Mika, Kyro, Cata and I all walked out into this strange new world. I had no clue what was going on, but I knew that it was strange to be surrounded by a glowing light and then appear to be somewhere totally different from where I once was. Now where there had once been a large and beautiful forest there was a town that seemed far to advanced, plus how could all this be done in the time I was crying. I also noticed that the people who I could see were wearing strange clothing that seemed just as advanced as the town in front of me.  

Looking down I noticed I was wearing a slightly different version of my fire-nations dress and that my hair had seemed to suddenly become longer. Looking upwards I noticed someone who seemed to be off into his own little world. He looked like he was trying to get away from someone and he seemed so familiar and yet no one I knew at all.

He had black hair and a scar over his left eye. He almost ran into Mika.

"Watch where you’re going Scar-face," I said rudely. It felt weird that no one was bowing to me seriously, but I guess I somehow tapped into my powers and appeared here.

"Don't you know who I am?" he asked.

"No should I know you. Now if you don't mind I have to go. Yip yip Cata," and then we flew away from the strange boy.

Zuko's POV

Who was that girl? I had never seen her around before and being the FireLord I basically knew everyone. But she was different her hair was a midnight black almost blue with red streaks through it. I hadn't seen her eyes though. I really have to mention to Aang that I saw a girl riding a Sky Bison and she had 2 baby Sky Bison riding with her. The only Sky Bison that we had seen around was Oppa. We believed that the rest of them were slaughtered along with the airbenders. Actually I probably wasn't the only one with a claim as the FireLord apparently FireLord Sozin had a niece who ended up running away and no one ever heard from her again. I just can't remember her name.

Siria's POV

For a moment there I thought that I was going to be captured and brought somewhere for questioning by that boy. I guess this is the first time in a long time that anyone has seen any Flying Bison. It's so strange though because he seemed to be observing the people and trying to avoid notice at the same time. Oh well I'm really hungry I better go find out where I am and how I got here well looking for a decent place to eat.

It took a while, but I finally found a teashop that I could take Mika and Kyro into.

"Hello welcome to HotRocks," an old man with a very familiar voice greeted me when I sat down.

"Hi can I have a menu please?" I asked smiling.

"Sure thing lil lady," he smiled handing me one when he did.

That's so odd he sounds just like my cousin Iroh. Looking at the menu I decided that I wanted hot cakes and jasmine tea. Iroh and I used to always drink it together when talking about how we wished the war had never started.

"Can I have Jasmine Tea and hotcakes please?" I asked smiling up at him.

"Sure Lil Lady," he smiled, but it didn't quiet reach his eyes.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Lil Lady it's just you remind me of my older cousin Siria except she disappeared 95 years ago, and no one’s seen her since. We used to always drink tea together," he said sadly. Wait OMG he really is Iroh.

Iroh walked off to get my order I guess. I can't believe it's been 95 years how did I go 95 years into the future and still look the same almost as if no time had passed or I had time traveled, but that's impossible isn't it. Wait if it's been 95 years then maybe Aang died no one would believe that Aang is my twin if he's an old man now. I was panicking so much that I didn't even notice someone slid into the booth across from me.

"Hey Uncle come over here," the call from beside me broke me out of my thoughts.

"Coming Zuko sheesh becoming the fire-lord just makes you even bossier," Iroh shouted back.

Wait this guy is a distant cousin of mine what if he and Iroh find out that I'm Siria.

"Hey you’re the girl with the Sky Bison’s!" he exclaimed.

"So what if I am is the little fire-lord angry that I didn't bow to him earlier," I sneered at him except for Iroh I hate everyone in my family. Wait if Iroh’s his uncle how is he the FireLord Iroh was next in line after me?

"Wow someone has a nasty temper," he breathed.

"Yes well I don't have much respect for people who start meaningless wars and almost destroy an entire nation and species of animal," I said with venom in my voice.

"War the wars been over for a couple years now," the guy said sounding confused.

"The war’s over, since when?” I asked.

"Aang ended it by taking away my father’s ability to bend and then I became Fire-lord," he replied calmly.

'Okay I'll have to play dumb here to find out more about Aang.'

"Who is Aang a friend of yours?" I asked.

"Aang is the Avatar and the last airbender. He appears to be younger than me because he was trapped in the ice for about 100 years so he's really 115 now almost 116 although we just say he'll be 16 soon it's too hard to explain it all the time. Don't you know anything?" he replied.

"I've been in a remote village since birth," I said as an explanation.

I ignored him for the rest of the time that I was there. Then I snuck out making sure he and Iroh didn't notice me leave. I have to get out of here and quick.

So I got on Cata again and just flew. I can't believe that I'm 95 years in the future and that Aang is alive and appears my age. I'm happy the war is over, but I'm sad as well because Faruka most likely died in the war after Uncle and Father found out about us. I'm so sorry Faruka. It’s all my fault.