Chapter 6: Ancient Secrets Revealed?!

Chapter 6:

Ancient Secrets Revealed?!

I watched silently as the thugs ran off, Zuko and Aang unaware of what had been going on behind them. That was the tenth attack in a week. Groups of firebenders usually lead by a girl in a mask kept almost attacking them from behind, almost because I kept stopping them every time. By the time they notice what's going on most of the thugs either got away or were tied up by stone chains. I've been protecting them because from what I've heard Aang is still having trouble perfecting all four elements, and we all know that Zuko doesn't think before he acts. That's why in order to keep my brother and cousin safe I've been tailing them to and from the Palace until they are safely inside. Unluckily my help hasn't gone unnoticed.

It's the second week of school now and lunch time, so after I was sure they were safe I ran back to lunch. No matter what table you pass they are all discussing the same thing. Who is the secret protector of the Avatar and Fire-Lord? Even the other teachers are talking about it.

"I heard Aang and Zuko have a secret force of benders protecting them," one of the older Water Tribe students said.

"Yeah well my uncle was near by the other day when they were attacked. He said before they had time to react a cloaked figure appeared wielding all four elements and completely subdued the rebellion," Zante said sounding in awe, and here I thought he wanted the rebeliion to win.

"Where did you go Sia?" Siva asked as I sat down at our table.

"Sorry I had to use the bathroom," I lied I can't very well tell them that I was out protecting Aang and Zuko. Now can I?

"Oh. Well uh what's your take on who's protecting them from the attacks?" Kuzo asked changing the subject.

"Could be anyone really if you think about it, most people don't want another war. That's exactly what will happen if Aang and Zuko are out of the picture. It's probably just people protecting our new way of life," I answered him somewhat truthfully.

"It makes sense I guess," Kuzo replied although he didn't look truly convinced.

"There is something weird about all of the attacks though. They say that whoever the protector or protectors are there is an airbender among them," Trien said sounding somewhat confused.

"That's impossible Aang's the last airbender," I said although even to my own ears it didn't sound convincing.

"Yes, well from what I've heard it's Siria's ghost protecting the only elative of hers who shared her ideals and dreams, and made them come true," Aang said joining us.

"What makes you say that Aang?"

"Well Kuzo said that Furuka saw her waterbend even though she was a firebender. Maybe it's possible that two Avatars were born at the same time since from the palace records it says Siria had the same birthday as Aang. According to Uncle Siria was brought to the palace after her birth, but she still had the royal birthmark so there was no chance that she wasn't a part of the royal family," Zuko added on. Wait but that means my father and Aang's really was Lord Ayrin!

"Or maybe the legend of Celeste and Yue is true. No one knows who Aang's parents were and Siria was brought to the Palace, so they could be twins," Suki added on jokingly.

"It's not impossible Suki," I whispered quietly.

"What makes you say that Sia?" Aang asked curiously.