16 - Megatron and Full Moons

Start from the beginning

"That's impossible. No one can love anything more than I love you. I swear that." He hums.

"Thank you. I'm not sure what I would do without you." I say and turn to hug his chest. He laces his fingers in my hair and plays with it.

"I'm not sure what I would do without you either." He hums. I get up and step into the closet to change. Grabbing a pair of flannel pajama pants and a cotton t-shirt, I start to strip only to realize I left the door open. Turning around I see a red faced Optimus quickly turn his head away from me.

"Like what you see?" I laugh even though I only had my shirt off.

"Just get dressed." He said, flustered beyond belief.

"You're such an innocent bean for being the commander of a military team, you know that?" I tease as I finished getting dressed. He groaned and stuffed his face into my pillows, inhaling my scent to calm himself. Walking back to the bed, I lay next to him and his clothes fade to his pajamas.

"Come on, I have to get under the covers." I grunt trying to push him off the bed. He chuckles and stands up as I slip under the covers. I lift them up for him and he lays next to me.

"Goodnight you bean." I whisper through the bond. He hugs my waist before resting his head in the crook of my neck.

"Goodnight little wolf." He smiles and I growl. He had started calling me that about a week ago. It stuck with him just because it annoyed me. My wolf was far from little, I was an Alpha and a proud one at that, but because he's my mate he can get away with it.

~Time Skip~
The white light of the moon shone through my shades as I opened my eyes. I looked at the clock on the bedside table and it read 3:34 AM. Why am I up?! My question is answered when I see the phase of the moon. It's a full fucking moon! I can never sleep fully on a full moon for some reason. Gryphon gets restless most of the time or I just need to go for a run. I decided on the second choice and slipped out of Optimus' arms. Slowly opening the door, I stepped into the hallway. Once I reached the back patio, I shifted and took off. The woods behind the new house were huge, perfect for a night run. Gryphon and I had spent a whole day going around and marking these woods as our territory. The bots were now my pack and family.

I continued to run before I stopped at a pond I found.

Sitting on the ground I listened to the sounds of the woods

Sitting on the ground I listened to the sounds of the woods. I could hear the whistling of the wind and sound of trees creaking. It was peaceful and pulled me back to sleep.

~Time Skip Again~
I awoke with a start as I felt a huge jolt of worry and anxiety flow through every bond I had. Optimus' emotions were basically drowning me.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask him through the bond.

"Where are you?! We've been looking for you all morning! Are you alright? Are you hurt?" He rattled off.

"Calm down, I'm totally fine. I just fell asleep out in the woods this morning. Last night was a full moon and I couldn't sleep." I explain and stand up to stretch out my bones.

"I'm sorry. I was just worried that the decepticons had you." He said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Hey, it's okay. I understand and I'm heading back right now. Please tell my Dad that I'm fine." I say and take off in a sprint towards the house.

As I got there, I saw all of the Diego Garcia bots plus my uncles standing on the patio.

"Aw geez. I'm sorry guys." I say as I shift and hang my head. I look down in shame, but I'm met with a strong pair of arms hugging me. I look up to see my Dad.

"We're just glad you're okay." He says. Dad pulls away and everyone gives me a smile before heading back into the house and to the garage.

"Please tell us next time you go out." Dad said and I nodded.

"I will." I nod and he walks into the house.

"Want to go for a walk with me?" I turn around to ask my mate standing behind me. Optimus nods and we walk into the woods.

"You should have woken me up." He said.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled and I slung an arm around my shoulders.

"It's alright, just wake me next time." Optimus smiled and we continued with our walk.