Chapter 10: The Flight

I awoke with Nathan's arm still around me. It was like he never moved away from me.

I tapped his arm and he inhaled sharply. "Good morning."

"Hey," he said as he stretched out his arms, letting me get up without entangling myself in him.

I turned to try to find Ailith and Art, but their spots were completely empty. I walked over to their spots, "That's awesome."

"What?" he asked, still sleepily.

"They left us."

"Why?"

"Probably to join a circus and left us to fend for ourselves."

"Circus? Why would we leave you to fend for yourselves? You people are hopeless when it comes to fending for yourselves." Ailith said jokingly behind us.

We turned to find them a little out of breath. They were either: A. running or B... I won't mention it. It could go with both ways with them.

"How immature are you?" Ailith asked. Apparently, she could read minds. Cool...

She rolled her eyes and dropped the gold brick that she was carrying behind her back. "We got the Gryphon." she whispered and pointed.

The beautiful Gryphon shook its fiery-colored wings.

"Didn't even know that we left?" Art asked with a smirk.

"No, we didn't," Nathan confessed. 

"Anyway, we would ride the Gryphon before it becomes light so that we don't get spotted," I said.

"You do realize that the Gryphon would blend into the light because of it's fiery wings?" Ailith sounded really frustrated at us, like she would be able to do this sort of thing without anyone else.

"But it would probably only blend into the sunrise, providing we have one." Yay! Nathan was on my side!

I tuned out the rest of the arguement to tal to Penthesilea. What do you think?

It would be wise to go now, so no one will Be spotted.

Okay, thank you.

Yep. Just a little reminder, you only have a few days until I must leave For my mission. By then, you should already be at Brazil. 

Thanks again.

It was wrong of you to kiss Nathan. Now, we have to make up for lost time. We must fly. Now.

How was that wrong?

Just felt there and I will tell you once you are up in the air.

Fine. What the hell ever. "Guys!" I yelled at them to stop yelling at each other.

"Look who woke up," Art said to me.

Ignoring him, I said, "We have to fly Now. Penthesilea commands it."

"Great. Now the demigod also is on your side?"

I pulled my eyes at Art. "Of it's so horrible, then We should make a vote. All for Penthesilea's plan, raise you hand."

Nathan, Ailith, and I raised our hands, leaving Art to his own plan.

"I still think that we should go at any other time than right now. We could be seen."

"Art, open your eyes."

"They are open. I'm staying here until you guys see that I was right all along."

"Figuratively, Dimwat!"