"Fine."

"Give him a chance and call me later. I'm about to go out with August."

"Have fun. Tell my brother I said 'hey'"

'Alright best friend. Good luck!"

"Thanks!"

PHONE CONVERSATION OVER

I feel so weird. Not a bad weird, not a good weird. I just feel, weird. I might just take Diggy up on this offer and go on a date, but I don't know. But I promised Hazel that I'd try. What time is it? I check my alarm clock. Oh it's 6p.m. Yea...I'll get dressed and walk on over.

Thank Jesus that I got my hair did, now I had nothing to worry about.

I ran the shower. When I got in, I washed off three times, using my Versace body wash. I wanted to smell just right. Once I got out, I decided to lotion my body while I was still wet, it traps the moisture so that your skin looks healthy(true fact.)

I wrapped my towel around me and walked to my closet.

"Hmm what to wear what to wear? Ahh....I found it."

I pulled out a peach shear maxi skirt that had a split on the side, with a sky blue lace top. I added some gold and pearl accessories to bring out the shirt. I sprayed on my Verscae perfume, and headed to the restroom to do my make up. I plugged up my curling wand and pulled out my MACK makeup pouch. I put a little mascara on and I curled my hair and put on a gold hair chain. Was it too over the top? iI stood in the mirror for 10 minutes trying to decide. No, I look like a normal teenager.

 I put on some tan wedges to bring out the pearl, gold, and blue in my outfit. I was finally ready to go make my move. I walked downstairs and I happened to see my mom in the kitchen cooking dinner.

"Well where are you going Ms. Lady, looking all fabulous?"

"Oh mom, I'm just going to Diggy's. Nothing major."

"So you say?"

"Moooommmm!"

she started laughing.

"Bye girl"

"I'll be back. Don't kick me out so soon ma!"

I reached for the door handle, and I opened the door. Diggy was sitting on my steps.

"Heey You! I was just coming over to talk to you."

"Wow Asha, you look.....gorgeous. And actually I wanted to talk to you."

"Wanna come in?"

"Nahh. We can stay here. It's nice out."

I stepped outside and closed the door. I lead Diggy to the swing on our porch, and we sat down.

"Wanna start the conversation Dig?"

'Ladies first."

"So Diggy, I'm sorry that I've been acting like this. I don't know, I guess I'm just paranoid when it comes to guys. Believe me, I've been through it. And I am so so sorry about Kaleb punching you. He's such a jerk."

"That your boyfriend?"

"He hasn't been my boyfriend since I was 15."

"Aw dang. Well good, you don't need him in your life....sorry."

"But yea...I just wanted to tell you that."

Dang, I chickend out.

"Well Asha, there's actually something I been wanting to ask you. I can't stop thinking about you, and that curly hair. Or that priceless smile. Or the way you try to play hard to get. Asha, I wanna know you better. And I want to know if I was worhty enough to take you out on the town for one night. And if everything goes right, we could go out more often?"

I sat there in awe.

"I would love that Daniel."

"Cool cool. How does next week sound. I know you be busy. You know I be busy. So next week, Friday, sound cool? "

"Yes definitley."

He got up from the swing. He reached for a hug, but I held out my hand for a handshake. He held out his hand for a handshake, and I reached out for a hug.

"You know what, We'll jsut try again next week. Okay?"

"Yea." I laughed. "Okay."

I watched him walk back home. I admired his attire for the evening. He had on a white and blue long sleeve stripped, dress shirt with jeans, and sperrys. Maybe he wasn't so different after all.