v。a little check up

CHAPTER FIVE

A single knock rattled against Jimin's door and he sat up from his position on the floor. He didn't order anything and none of his friends said they were coming by, so he was confused on who would be showing up at such a weird time of the day. He stood up slowly and made his way to the door, unlocking it and cracking it open. His eyes landed on the detective he saw the other night, the one that saved him from his professor.

"Oh!" He opened the door wider for the man. "D-Detective? What are you doing here?"

Yoongi smiled slightly. "I just wanted to check on you. You doing alright?"

Jimin blinked slowly as a light pink shaded his cheeks. "Yeah. Thanks for saving me. Who knows what could have happened if you didn't show up when you did." Silence fell and Jimin sort of just looked at the man. He seemed pretty normal beside the fact that he was quite strange and rigid when he spoke and looked at him. But one thing Jimin noticed this time that he didn't before was how foggy the detective's eyes looked. "Um... would you like to come in?"

"Sure." Jimin moved and went to go make tea for his guest. While doing so, he saw the man looking around his apartment as if he was data collecting or something. That thought seemed rather weird to the student but he didn't really think much about it. But then he remembered what the other detective told him. "He can see a bunch of things in his mind." What did that even mean?

Jimin came by and placed the cup in front of the detective who looked down for a long moment before picking up the cup. "Thank you. It appears that I haven't properly introduced myself. I'm Min Yoongi, a detective at the Public Safety Bureau with the rank of Inspector, although that's nothing but a fancy term."

"Well you've surely made quite a living for yourself," Jimin said. "Um, I wanted to ask you something."

"Hm?"

The student fidgeted for a moment before looking back up at Yoongi, looking deep into his clouded eyes. "That other detective said you could see things in your mind... what did he mean?"

Yoongi took a long sip of his drink before mulling it over for a second. "He meant exactly what he said," Yoongi spoke nonchalantly, as if it was as simple as he made it out to be. "I have the ability to see information about someone or something just by looking at it. So if I look at a person, I can tell their intelligence, their energy levels, what they were doing and a bunch of other things others wouldn't be able to pick up on."

"Woah, really? So, are you some kind of clairvoyant?"

Yoongi nodded. "It's kind of like ESP, a second sight. Although, it's sort of my only sight."

Jimin leaned back. "What does that mean?"

"It means that I'm blind." Silence fell upon them again. Jimin had no idea and he was probably being rather insensitive for mentioning things about his sight. But it wasn't like Jimin would have known that. He didn't even know Yoongi and this was his first full conversation with the man. 

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that."

Yoongi chuckled a bit, gaining Jimin's attention back. "Don't be. I can still see. Besides the numbers that clog my brain, I can see the outline of the things I look at, plus everything has a red tint to it." Yoongi turned to the TV, watching the blurry figures floating around on the screen. "You're watching the news, aren't you?"

Jimin made a surprised noise as he looked over and sure enough the news was on. He didn't have the volume up very loud considering he was studying until he fell asleep. It just happened to still be playing. Jimin turned back to the detective who smirked at him.

"That's amazing!"

"I can also see you have curtains around your windows and you keep your bowls stacked next to the plates separate from your glasses and mugs."

"What the hell? It's like you're examining my whole place! What about me? What do you see from me?" Yoongi paused for a moment, staring in the direction that he knew Jimin was sitting at, and he still couldn't see a thing. He was completely blind and it bothered him greatly.

Letting a sigh slip past his lips, Yoongi stood up and ran his fingers through his hair. "I shouldn't overdo it. Besides, I only really came to check up on you." He headed towards the door but turned around slightly to wave goodbye. "Since you're doing okay, I'll be on my way. Take care, squirt."

And with that, Jimin was left alone.