Chapter seven

Excuse my errors and enjoy. It's short but ehh you'll love it

Cora's POV

I opened the door to reveal my older brother Raymond. I haven't seen him in a year. He has been trying to find work to get my mom and I out this dingy old town. I guess he never had the time to call us. Raymond has been my bestfriend since I was born. He is a great older brother too.

"Hey Ray!!" I scream jumping on him squeezing him to death.

"Get off me little bit." He said trying to pry me off.

"Where in Sam's hell have you been idiot. Having me and momma stress out." slapping his shoulder

"Ouch! I'm sorry. But I found a job and I'll tell you all about it. Where is mommy at?" he asks

"In the kitchen."

While in the kitchen, he told us all about his new job and how his boss used to be in the army. The man owns a lot of banks around the south. He inherited from his father that just passed .

Raymond informed us that the man will be staying with us for a month till his house is built. They are building a few of the banks around the town and the neighboring towns also.

He says his bosses last name is Jackson and that he'll be here later tonight. Ugh that means we are either going to share a room or someone is giving up theirs.

Later on the door bell rang. Since my brother was in the bathroom and my mom was in the kitchen finishing dinner, I opened the door.

"Hi is this Raymond's ho-"

Right when we made eye contact everything around us disappeared. I reached out to him to see if he is real. I felt a hand on my wrist and a slight tug.

"I missed you my love." He pulled me even closer to his body.

"I missed you more my Arthur." Capturing his lips in a passionate kiss.