Chapter 14, The party

Start from the beginning

The amount of kids that's packed into this house is crazy. Even in this big house, it still feels like we're pushing past packed sardines. And it smells like it too!

Fortunately the kitchen (that we eventually find), has a little less people. The music is loud, but I don't have to rip my vocal cords to be heard. If this property wasn't so big, I would be worried about the neighbors! 

More red cups are littering the massive counter this kitchen has and beer and vodka and brandy and thing's I can't even name is adorning every inch of the place.

It's an alcoholic's dream.

"What can I get you?" Jessy asks.

"Just a beer"

"No shots?"

"I have to be sober enough to avoid certain people"

"Ohhhhh"

At that exact moment, I hear everything go a little quieter. The music is still blasting, but it's like everyone's shouting. 

Tan Cam comes storming into the kitchen, "Oh, we need some drinks enseguida!" she says.

"Why, what is it?" Jessy asks.

"Oh, Blake Bowmen and his gang is here. If we want to avoid a fight, we're going to need more alcohol," she explains and grabs four bottles of brandy before rushing back to the entertainment room.

I'm sprinting for the kitchen door before I even check if Jessy is following me and then quickly rush through the hallway. When I do in fact realize that Jessy isn't following me, I tell myself that she's a big girl and we don't need to be joined at the hip the whole night long. I'm just angry at not grabbing a beer! 

In the hallway, a few couples are mindlessly making out against the walls, but I ignore them and just continue to run towards a particularly welcoming door. They can keep their STDs!

When I get to the end of the hallway, I open the door and fling myself in. I'm relieved to find that it's a library, not a bedroom, but then the relief is gone in a second.

Sitting at the lounges a couple of feet away is the inner-circle of the East-side gang.

My eyes meet with Owen's.

"Fuck me," I grumble, because of course my luck would get me to hide in the one place where the people I'm hiding from are.

"Normally, I would suggest a date first, but if you're so eager, here's about ten bedrooms in this place," Owen drawls with an annoying smirk.

"Ewww, no thanks," I say and quickly rush out of the room.

I hear Owen jump up and follow me, so I slam the door and dive for the other door that's on my right. I shut the door, engulfing myself in the darkness of the room, and hope to whatever gods are listening that Owen doesn't find me.

Then an odd sound gets me to grow goose bumps. I turn around and squint in the darkness - because it's just something I do when I'm trying to hear better. Among the sound of music leaking through the walls, I hear a fleshy, almost wet kind of sound. Like someone is eating peanut butter or making-out before having sex.

"Eww, Oh God!" I exclaim when I realize that it's in fact two people making out on the bed in the dark room.

I stumble out of the room, kick the door shut and land right in Owen's arms.

"I would've probably passed your hiding spot if you didn't literally almost tackle me," Owen laughs.

"Let go of me," I protest because his warm, strong hands are really tight around my waist and I don't like the idea of him being so close to me.