Chapter 4

I sat in her bedroom swirling the dark liquid around my wine glass, the plush and pristine white comforter was familiar to me on most nights

I sat in her bedroom swirling the dark liquid around my wine glass, the plush and pristine white comforter was familiar to me on most nights. I loosened the tie from my neck and relaxed back against the headboard as I waited for her to grace me with her presence once again. There was something sweet in the hidden between us. "I hope you have a glass ready for me." Her sultry voice graced my ears as her presence graced my eyes. Getting up from the bed I made my way to the small coffee table that withheld her favorite wine, as I poured her a glass of the crimson liquid, I couldn't help the smirk that danced on my lips. To some extent I could understand how it would be wrong, my attraction as well as intentions with Persi but she was mesmerizing. With immense power and pull I'd be a fool not to admire such a woman.

"Well don't you look quite comfortable." She purred from beside me as she took her glass and made her way over to the bed. " Would you rather I stay stuffed and wound into those clothes?" Only in the walls of her bedroom would I speak so fluidly to her, though I admired Persi heavily only here were we not our titles and just Persi and Rhory. Following behind her smaller frame I stood behind Persi and caressed her shoulders as she relaxed into the element of her own room. Slipping my hands down into the black satin robe that decorated her body as the soft material fell from her body, I couldn't help but stifle the groan that always wanted to come from my lips when she was in such a bare state in front of me.

Giving into the sensual tension that I had created amongst us yet again I continued to rub over Persi's shoulders before allowing myself so leisurely move down her forearms. As she leaned back into my touch and let a hum of approval fall from such sweet pink lips, I licked over my own whilst continuing the slow tender torture that left us both craving for more. Just as I was to open my mouth to say something a knock sounded at the large mahogany colored wooden doors. The groan that left my lips this time was one of pure annoyance rather than pleasure.

"Heretic Persi, it is important I speak with you." Heretic Creo spoke from the other side. Typically I could respect their title and authority but when it came to Creo, that bastard single handedly fueled my annoyance. I caught Persi rolling her eyes in similar sense of irritation, before she bent down to pick her robe up and put the silky material back on. As she headed towards the door I took place and sat on the edge of the bed now unbuttoning the top two buttons of my shirt. Persi opened the door not fully but enough for Creo himself to come in. "Persi its-" He began speaking but took pause once he noticed my presence, he gave a look which signified his feelings of disdain towards me, but it only made me smirk with amusement.

They spoke in hushed tones, an esoteric conversation that only allowed me to hear every other few words but from the body language Persi had used this conversation would be resulting in my leave with blue balls. " I see, we shall gather council shortly." I overheard Persi say before she turned went to open the door for Creo once again. Just to cause him the same petulance he brought me I dismissed him as well. "Goodnight Creo." I hummed from my seat at the edge of the bed. Both he and Persi looked back in my direction, even her eyes telling me I should have remained quiet. "I have no words with you concubine." Creo spoke before nodding to Persi and leaving. Aggravation was what filled me now, how the bastard thought he could speak to me in such a way, like I couldn't take him on and easily take his title. He wasn't Persi, he was no one to be feared or idolized, he was nothing more than someone with a title. As if reading my thoughts Persi made her way back over to me and patted my shoulder. "You should do better to not speak out of turn." She said simply as if I was actually in the wrong here.

Persi simply got ready for yet another evening meeting before departing from her own room. I sighed, it was Creo's fault talking to me like I'm some insolent whore, that I "over spoke". Persi hated when I spoke out of turn, sometimes it was her authority over us. Dragging my hands down my face I groaned annoyed at the night's turn of event. I reached over and grabbed my tie off the edge of the bed and tucked it away into my pocket before I picked up my glass and the rest of the currant liquid that would've made an excellent aphrodisiac. Sitting on the rose gold tray next to my now empty glass was Persi's. Half filled. Half enjoyed. Half desired.

I sighed again, this time out of disappointment. Fuck it. Picking up the other glass I couldn't help put feel some type of resentment as I looked at the lip stain that she'd she left on the rim. Downing the rest of the wine, I thought of the way she left me and the way she would always put her duties before our relations, turning to face the open balcony I dropped the glass from my hand letting it break against the marble floor.  As I made my way to the opening I took a glance back at her bedroom, the only evidence we'd ever been there was now that of shards decorating her floor.