"Sawyer, why aren't you at school getting ready for the game?" My mom then questioned my brother.

"I forgot my uniform."

My grandma teased, "Maybe you getting pushed was karma for forgetting your uniform."

I stifled a laugh and Sawyer had an irritated look on his face as he motioned towards Gigi. "See!"

"Mama!" My mom yelled at Gigi before addressing Sawyer.  "It's on your bed.  Hurry, before John has a fit."

With that, my brother hurried inside, but not before shooting us a glare.  The screen slammed behind him, leaving us alone.

"Rae, please stop pestering your brother.  I'm tired of hearing you guys fight, and Mama, why do you have to instigate it?" She sighed.  "A sixty year old woman shouldn't be tormenting a seventeen year old."

Gigi shot her a death glare and pointed a knitting needle at her. "Hey!  You wish that you will be as fun as I am when you're my age.  You're thirty six, for Christ's sake.  Have a little fun, Cat."

My mom put her hand to her forehead, covering her eyes and let out a frustrated sigh.  "I'm not doing this with you again," she stated, sternly.  "I'm gonna go get the banners ready for the game."

I waited for the sound of the door before I let out the laugh I was holding in.  Gigi joined in, making our laughter echo inside the porch.  I knew that they had to have heard us. I sat down on the swing and rested my head back.

"Are Savannah and Molly coming over?"

"Yeah, at four. I figured I'd shower before they got here," I said as I sat up and touched the material on my grandma's lap.

"You getting gussied up for that Bedford boy to notice you?" My grandma asked with a twinkle in her brown eyes.

"Gigi!" I squealed as my eyes widened. "I do not like Wesley."

"Sweetie, I see how you look at him when he goes for his morning jog past here every day. I'll tell ya, he's a looker that boy."

"I don't like Wesley," I lied. "Even if I did, I couldn't be with him. He's with Blake Lawson."

"I know when you are lying, Rae."  She narrowed her eyes at me. "That girl may be pretty as a peach, but she's meaner than a wet panther. Her and that uppity family can go to hell for all I care. That poor boy probably doesn't have a choice being with her. You should give him one."  My grandma rested her hand on my knee and gave me a reassuring smile.

I exhaled loudly. "Thanks, Gigi. I should probably get in the shower before they show up."  I gave her a kiss on her temple when I stood.

"No problem, sweetie," My grandma called out to me while I was stepping inside.  "Remember, you can't hide anything from me.  Your Gigi knows everything there is to know 'round here."

I shake my head and make my way to the bathroom. After my shower and straightening my hair, I find Savannah and Molly putting make-up on in my room. Just as Molly finishes her eyeliner, she notices my presence. Savannah was too busy rummaging in my closet to notice me.

"Oh, hey," Molly greeted me and pointed behind her. "Savannah is trying to find an outfit for me."

"Hey, Rae!" Savannah's yell was muffled by the doors of my closet.

"Hey," I replied. "Are you guys almost ready?  I just have to get dressed and finish my make-up."

"Yup! Molly just has to put on her outfit I picked out for Austin."  Savannah let out a small giggle after mentioning his name.

Molly glared at Savannah through the mirror, and her red lips formed a scowl. Savannah gave Molly a cheesy smile and threw a nice shirt and shorts at her, knowing a dress was out of the question.

"I hate you, Vannah. You watch. When you have a crush, I'm gonna embarrass you so bad that you are gonna wish you never messed with me."

"Oh, you love me, and that threat ain't gonna do nothing, so put on that dress on so we can get going."  Savannah smirked and her straight, brown hair flowed around her shoulders as she turned to the closet and grabbed a cream colored dress for herself.

Molly rolled her eyes and did as she was told while I put on a tank top and shorts. I watched Molly run her hands through her curly, brown hair. My attention was then on Savannah, who was looking at Molly with pride as she put another coat of red lipstick on. She has always loved to play matchmaker, but never for herself. Molly's threat towards Savannah about embarrassing her stuck with me. 

Whenever we talk about boys, she tries to change the subject. She doesn't think we notice, but I do. She doesn't know that I see the nervousness behind her brown eyes that she tries so hard to conceal. Savannah has a secret, and it must be big if she is keeping it from her best friends.