My Brother Tree

Mulai dari awal

I gave her a blank look.

"Wha-" I cut her off.

"You know that's exactly why I don't ask you about you and Mitchell, that's the reason right there." I said playfully.

"What?!" She laughed.

"Your mad because he acts right?! I hateeeee you. Meanwhile, I cant find a man who's not pathetic!" I said bitter.

She started cracking up.

Darla has one of those laughs where you cant not join in laughing or at least crack a smile while she's doing it. I reluctantly cracked a smile.

She really just complained about having no complaints. Like I so hate her.

"I'm sorry, your right, you are to funny Red." she said.

I just playfully glared at her.

"You know what, You just made me want to go back to work, I'm leaving." I joked with her.

'"NO! Trisha your too amusing!" She laughed.

"No, but seriously I should get going I have to close today, I'm getting paid 3 extra dollars an hour until twelve so that's great." I told her.

"Wow! your paycheck should be nice then."

"Yeah we gotta go out this weekend find a babysitter." I told her,

She nodded.

I left getting my Layla and we jogged back home.

I got home I had a extra 30 minutes so I showerd and got back dressed.

I drove back to work.

Hillary was leaving when I arrived she was driving off.

We waved at each other.

Going back insisde my job, My coworkers, Brian and Jesse two guys were both working as cashiers.

Brian and Jesse are Blond bestfriends about 18.

Everybody who works here is so young.

I'm old.

Along with my Manager and Cynthia.

"Hey Red," They greeted.

"Hey kiddos." I smiled at them both.

I went to clock back in.

Well they got the cashiers so I'll go stock the shelves.

I grabbed a big box of Kellogg cereal and went to stock.

I hate stocking but there's nothing else to do.

I was getting ready to stock when I heard a familiar voice speaking to Jesse. "Red hair, Hazel eyes, nine times out of ten red lipstick."

"And who are you?" I heard Jesse.

Jesse is so sweet, always so protective. Like a little brother.

I put down the box of cereal in my hand and went to stop the altercation.

I walked up and eyed my older brother.

"When did you get back from iceland Tristan?" I asked looking him in his eyes.

He came over to me and hugged me.

"Trisha my love!" He squeezing me to tight for life.

Jesse and Brian were looking astounded.

Tristian pulled away and looked me over.

"Your blonde!" He laughed.

"Your brunette!" I said matching his tone.

He's suprisingly happy.

"Why are you here?" I asked him suspiciously.

"Mom sent me here on buisness, she wants me to check on the resturaunt, we heard you havent been there in a year." He said frowning at me.

"Don't look at me like that Tree, I told mom, I want to be an Author, I didnt need anything to do with her or her life, buisness or anything like that." I told him,

"How is that going by the way? Any books sold?" He asked.

I glared at him.

He knows just what to say to piss me off.

"Look, you should consider coming back to iceland with me." He told me.

"Why would I?" I spat.

"My wife wants to meet you, we are about to have our first child in 5 months, dad misses you and mom could patch things up, you could manage our resturaunt, it'll be great!" He said

I rudely laughed in his face.

"I'm living my own life i'll be damned if I go to iceland and live a life that is mapped out for me! I'm happy here Tree." I told him the truth.

He stared at me sighing.

"Fine. We knew you'd say that. So I came to give you these." He handed me a envelope.

It had my name on it.

Trishalyn Marie Andrews.

Nobody calls me Trishalyn.

Only my family.

They know I hate it.

"Well I'll be going. I love you sis. Always." He commented, he turned on his heel and began to walk away.

"Tree wait!" I said grabbing his hand.

He turned and looked at me.

"Whats your wifes name? Am I going to have a niece or a nephew?" I asked.

He gave a chuckle.

"Her name is Eliza Andrews and you will have a nephew." He said with a smile.

I wish I could be involved in his life more and visit him more but I don't want to face my mother.

" Look Trisha, I must go now though, I have a flight to cancel and one to catch. I really need you to open that envelope, and I know for whatever reason you avoid all things mom & Iceland but...really think about whats in that envelope okay?" He said looking me in my eyes.

I couldn't speak or id cry, for more reasons than one.

I nodded and wrapped my arms around him.

My Brother.
I miss him.

Eventually we parted and he said his final Goodbye's reluctantly.

I watched him go.

I missed him so much.

Jesse and Brian stared at me and my brother like we had 4 heads.

"BACK to work!" I urged and went to go back to stocking.

As I turned into the aisle a man was standing staring at the boxes of cereal.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

Greg turned around.

"Yes, whats my name?" He asked smirking.

What the hell.

Can people stop just popping up?