Chapter 27

You hop in the car and sit right in between Louis and Zayn. "Okay Rae so since it's your birthday what animal do you want to see first?" Louis asks you giving you a slight poke when he says 'your' making Zayn a little uncomfortable. "WE are going to see the lions first right babe?" you look at Zayn. "Umm I kinda wanted to see the baby giraffes first..." "We can see them after the lions." he lightly kisses your head and puts his arm around you. You let out what you thought would be a silent sigh, but apparently it was louder than you thought because your phone buzzed with a new message from Louis. You look to see Zayn staring out the window so you open the message. Zayn had this new weird thing where he didn't like other boys texting you. You got a text from Louis last night after you two left the carnival and he got really defensive. So you wanted to make sure he wasn't going to freak out. "we will get you to those giraffes babe xx. Promise." you look over at Louis and smile while mouthing "thank you". Then your phone buzzes again. It was from Zayn. Oh great. "What was that?" you text him back. "Just talking about how excited we are to see the lions. That's all. xx" You hated lieing to Zayn but at the same time he didn't need to be so nosey. You finally arrive at the zoo and Zayn takes your hand and leads you to the lions. The other four go off somewhere. Probably to find food knowing Niall. You finally get to the lions and take lots of pictures with them and laughing at every stupid joke that Zayn said. His face was smiling one minute then turned dead serious the next second. "Rae I need to talk to you" you head starts spinning and going through every bad thing you've ever done in your life. You swallow hard. "Wha-what is it?" "Look Rae I really like you. Like a lot. And I was wondering, if, if you wanted to be my girlfriend?" Thank God. Good news! Wait... Did he just ask you to be his girlfriend? Holy crap! "Yes of course!" you kiss him lightly and smile but he keeps his serious composure. "But Rae, there's one thing." "Anything" you smile sweetly at him. "I need you to stop talking to Louis."