Chapter Thirty-Two

-Remi's POV-

The next day Ethan and I walked into school like nothing had happened over the last two days. But something did happen. I couldn't shake the feeling I was feeling off. Ethan looked at me like he knew exactly what I was thinking.

"Hey, you're gonna be okay. It's okay. I'll be right here." He said looking me in the eyes. I could tell he meant it. I liked that about.

"I wish I had the confidence you had." I told him. "It would make situations like this a lot better."

"You will have it if you believe in yourself the way I believe in you." He kissed my forehead. "I gotta go."

"Me too." I held my stuff in my hands. "I'll see you later?"

"Course' you will" He said smiling. He quickly kissed my lips. I waved bye and walked to homeroom.

When I got into homeroom I saw Emily picking at her shirt. She looked up at me and smiled. It was a smiled that said, I hope you're okay.

I sat down in my seat, she didn't say a word and she wasn't gonna push me to. I turned around to Cameron smirking at me, I looked away. I can't stand to see that face, not after what happened.

Third period was okay, probably better than the rest. Ethan was there, so everything eventually felt okay. When lunchtime had arrived I didn't go to the lunchroom, I didn't even eat my lunch. I went straight to the library to bury my nose in a book and escape my problems. Ms.Brown our librarian kept asking me if I was okay, I told her I was fine and she went back to sorting the books. I was reading The Perks Of Being A Wallflower. It was a sad book, but it made me feel something.

"I knew you would be here." A voice said. I looked up, Ethan was standing there looking down at me. He sat himself down next to me. It was just the two of us, in the middle of the isle.

"You okay?" He asked bringing his knees to his chest.

"I don't even know anymore." I told him honestly. "I can be okay for five seconds, then not be a couple seconds later."

"So, that's why you came here?" He asked.

"I guess. Anywhere but there." I told him.

"You need to eat." He said holding out a ziplock bag. The bag was full of grapes.

"Not hungry." I pushed the grapes away.

"You have to be hungry. You didn't eat breakfast, and now you're aren't eating lunch." He protested pushing the grapes back my way.

"I'm seriously not hungry."

"I don't care. You need to eat. Not eating isn't healthy."

I shrugged and turned back to the depressing book, not paying attention to Ethan. He sighed. I knew that he was tired of me being stubborn.

"How was your day?" He asked trying to spark conversation.

"It was okay, I guess. I don't know. I didn't really pay attention to it." I said shrugging.

"I can tell." He replied. "You can tell me. I'm not gonna judge you or anything. It's just me..." He trailed off.

"I know. But I can't tell you anything when I have nothing to say." I said shrugging.

"You do have something to say, you just don't how to say it." Ethan replied.

I put the book back on the shelf knowing I was never gonna finish it at this rate.

"Stop running from your feelings. It's only going to hurt you in the end." He said.

He knew. He knew exactly what I was doing and he knew exactly the way I felt. I was running away from my feelings. I was running because I didn't want to face them. At this rate all I wanted to do was run. Run away to somewhere where no one knows who I am. Somewhere I can be me and no one will question. Somewhere, that doesn't exist, so maybe I won't have to.

"Hug me, please." I muttered. He hugged me tight as if he was never gonna let go. I let his warmth take over my body. Everything felt normal. Normal like it should've always felt.

"You'll be okay, baby." He muttered.

I wanted to believe him. But I just...couldn't.