Chapter Nine

Ethan's POV

When it was time for my date with Remi, I texted her to let her know I was gonna pick her up soon.

Me|6:45
Hey. Are you getting ready? I'm on my way to come pick you up.

My Baby😉💓|6:46
Okay. And no I'm not getting ready. I stopped getting ready like an hour ago.

Me|6:46
Oh. Okay. So you're done getting ready?

My Baby😉💓|6:47
Nope. I have no idea what to wear.

Me|6:48
Just wear whatever. Wear sweatpants if you want to.

My Baby😉💓|6:48
I can't wear sweatpants. I wanna actually look nice for you.

Me|6:49
You always look nice Remi. Just wear what you want.

My Baby😉💓|6:49
Ok. Just tell me when you get here.

Me|6:50
Okay. I will. See ya.

I drove to her house and let her know that I was there. I saw her quickly run out of the back door. I leaned over and opened the car door for her. She quickly got in.

"Go, go, go! I swear my brother heard me leave." She said. I noticed she was holding a pair of flats in her hands. She slipped them on her feet and put in her seatbelt.

"Hey, by the way." She leaned over to kiss my cheek.

"Hi." I responded.

"So, what are we doing?" She asked.

"Well I was gonna take you to go get ice cream but then I decided to get pizza and take you to my secret spot and watch the stars." I blurted.

"That sounds good." She said nodding. "What kind of pizza did you get?"

"I got pineapple one half and cheese on the other half." I told her.

She nodded and looked out the window.

When we reached my spot I tapped her on shoulder. She was asleep. She flinched awake.

"Huh?" She asked.

I laughed.

"We're here baby." I told her.

"Oh. Okay." She took off her seatbelt and we both got out of the car. I grabbed the pizza and shut the door.

"Wow. This is a nice view." She said. The sun was going down and the moon and stars were coming out.

"You come here a lot?" She asked.

"Sort of. I sneak out of the house and drive here just to think about things." I explained.

"Oh." She said. I sat down and she sat down next to me.

"Pizza?" I asked opening up the box.

"Sure." She grabbed a cheese slice and took a bite of it.

"So, how long have you lived here?" I asked.

"7 years. I moved here when I was 11." She said.

"Why'd you move?" I asked.

"One day my grandmother got really sick and my family needed to be close to her." She explained.

"Oh. I'm sorry." I said. I knew what it was like to have a sick family member.

"It's okay. You shouldn't be sorry for things that aren't your fault." She said.

She looked back out to the distance.

"It feels like you can see everything here. I can see why'd you come her everyday." She told me.

I nodded slowly.

"So, can I ask you a question?" She asked.

"You just did." I said.

She rolled her eyes.

"Go ahead." I added.

"Why do you like me?" She asked. I was a bit taken back by her question. How could anyone not like her?

"Well, I like you for a bunch of reasons." I said.

"Name three." She said.

"Ok, well one. I like that I can be myself around you. Two, you're honestly the most beautiful person I've ever met even if you don't think so yourself. Three, I just like you cause your perfect." I explained.

She smiled and gave a kiss on the lips. She pulled away and smiled.

"Remi?" I asked.

"Yeah?" She bit her lip.

"Do you wanna... You know. Be my girlfriend?" I asked.

She took a deep breath and finally answered.

"I'd love that." She answered.

I smiled and kissed her.

"My parents and I had a talk about my suspension. Your name came up. They were really mad. I'm not allowed to see you outside of school." She explained.

"But you're seeing me outside of school now." I said furrowing my eyebrows.

"I snuck out. Plus I don't care what they say." She said smirking.

I laughed a little and cuddled her close to me.

After a while I checked my phone. It was 10:00.

"We should go." I said.

She nodded and we got up. I grabbed the pizza box and we walked back to the car.

We drove back to her house, talking about random things.

Once we got to her house she kissed me goodbye.

"Can you come with me?" She asked.

"What do you mean? You want me to go into your house with you. That's risky." I said.

"I know. You don't have to if you don't want to." She said.

"No. I will." I said.

We both got out of the car and walked to the back door.

"Quiet. And no tripping over the stairs." She said. I laughed a little as she opened the door. We both walked in the house and quickly walked upstairs.

We slipped into her room.

"The weeks almost over." She said.

"Yeah. We gotta go back to school." I said as she flopped on her bed.

"I don't wanna go back." She whined. She grabbed my hands and pulled me down on her gently.

I looked into her eyes. Right then and there I realized something. I love her.