Chapter Twelve

One Day Later

Ethan and I were on the couch watching The Blind Side, It was a sad movie but it.aas still good . I didn't go to school today because of my concussion so I've been at Ethan's house all day.

My head was on Ethan's lap as he played with my hair.

"H...hey can I ask y...you som...something?" I asked Ethan.

"Sure. What is it?" He asked.

"W...what are you d...doing Friday night?" I asked.

"Nothing,why?" He asked.

"I want you to go to M...M...Matthew's p...party with me." I blurted.

"What? You're actually going to his party? You can't Remi. I won't let you." He said.

I sighed.

"I have to. He's m...making me g...go. If I don't, h..he's go..gonna hurt me. And if you're there everything w...will be okay." I said.

"So you're just gonna go because he's demanding that you do?" He asked.

"Yeah. Pl...please just g..go with me." I whined.

"You shouldn't have to. You have a concussion." He explained.

"Please?" I repeated.

"Fine. But if he tries anything on you. Don't expect me not to kick his ass." Ethan said.

I laughed and took a deep breath. This whole party thing is freaking me out. Something could happen. Again.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. Just n....nervous for Friday." I said.

"Then we shouldn't go." He told me. "Simple. We can just stay here and cuddle."

"We cudd...cuddle too much." I said sitting up.

"What's wrong with that? We like cuddles." He reminded me.

"I know we like cuddles. B..but I've b...been co..cooped up all d...day. It feels like I haven't been outside in y...years." I rubbed the side of my head, I felt a headache coming on again.

"Well you have a concussion. I don't think it's good to be outside." He said as I rested my head on his chest.

"You w..worry about me t..too much." I told him.

"I love you, what do you expect?" He asked.

"Well, I l..love you too. I h..hate being inside all the time th..though." I said.

"I know baby." He said rubbing my back.

I sighed.

My phone lit up and dinged as I got a text message. It was from Emily.

Emily|7:15
Hey. I just wanted to check up on you and make sure you were okay. I just stopped by your house but you weren't there.

Me|7:16
Hey Em. Yeah I'm okay have a bit of a headache though. And I'm at Ethan's.

Emily|7:16
Oh. Are you guys having fun? 😏😉

Me|7:17
Shut up. It's not like that we're watching a movie.

Emily|7:17
Oh. I'm sure you are.

Me|7:18
Gotta go. The light from my phone's hurting my head.