Chapter Twenty-Three

The next day, Ethan and I walked into school holding hands. He said he wanted to show Cameron that I was with him.

"Hey, Remi!" Cameron said running up to me and Ethan. He stopped us holding hands. I didn't let go.

"Oh, is this your boyfriend?" Cameron asked.

"Yeah. I believe we've met." Ethan said with a hint of anger in his voice. It was hidden but it was there.

"I don't believe we have. What's your name?" Cameron asked.

"Ethan Dolan." Ethan replied gripping into my hand tighter.

"Oh, Ethan! Yeah I know you, bro! Wow, you look so different. You cut off your wings! Your hair is so short now." Cameron exclaimed.

Ethan nodded.

"We should get going. Gotta get to class." I told Cameron. I pulled Ethan to my locker.

"So, you used to have long hair?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Kinda. Gray made me cut it off." He said as he pulled out his phone. "I looked like this."

He showed me a picture of him with his long hair. He had a purple streak in the front.

"It's an old picture but that's why I looked like." He said putting away his phone.

"You look so cute with your hair like that. Not that you don't look cute now. You just look cute like that as well." I told him.

"Yeah, I know. I'm really cute." He said being cocky.

I rolled my eyes and kissed his cheek. I walked to homeroom with Emily.

"Hey. I saw you talking to Cameron." Emily said as we sat in our seats. "Are you two friends now?"

"I'm really not sure. He just kinda walked right in here. I'm not sure. Ethan says I shouldn't be his friend." I told her looking through my binder.

"Why?" She asked.

I was about to answer but I was cut off by Cameron walking in and slapping his book down on the desk. I heard heals clank on the floor.

"Uh, Hey, Cam. I just wanted to let you know, I'm having a party this Saturday. You wanna come?" Ashley asked batting her false eye lashes.

"Of course. Wouldn't miss it for the world." He whispered not-so-quietly into her ear. I swear I could here her heart burst from where I was sitting. She smiled and walked away purposely swaying her hips.

Our teacher walked into our classroom and gave us our assignments. I talked to Emily while doing my work.

"Have you been invited to the party?" Emily asked me as she scribbled things down in her paper.

"No. I wouldn't go anyways though. It'll just be full of drunk, horny, kids who have nothing better to do. Have you been invited?" I asked her.

"Yeah. Probably not gonna go though. Carter and I have plans. Well, we will have plans unless he doesn't cancel on me again. He's been doing that a lot lately. Saying were going on a date but just canceling at last minute." She said picking at her eraser.

"Have you talked to him about it?" I asked her.

"I've tried. But he always changes the subject or just ignores me. He won't tell me why he keeps doing this. If he doesn't wanna be with me why can't he just say so?" She asked.

I shrugged. "How's Rylee doing with Jake?"

"Not so good I think. She found him making out with Anna." Emily responded. "Part of me kinda feels bad for her but... I don't know. What if she deserves it?"